- Job no: EXQTF
Junkee Media launched five years ago with a remit to shake up Australia’s pop culture landscape. With a fresh take and unique attitude, Junkee quickly established itself as one of the most interesting new voices in Australian media. Junkee was named Media Brand of the Year at the Mumbrella Awards in its first year online, and its funny, smart, ballsy and interesting take on news, film, politics, TV and more has seen it develop a strong following.
Here's why we need you…
A brand new opportunity for a talented Editor to come on board as Editor of Punkee!!!
Here's what you'll do...
As Editor of Punkee you will be responsible for the publishing vision and execution of Junkee Media’s title, Punkee.
As Editor you will drive the attitude and tone that is integral to helping Punkee grow and thrive across social media by taking ownership of the quality, timeliness and appropriateness of all content published on Punkee including; text, images, audio and video content across Punkee’s social channels and website.
- Taking full accountability for all content and traffic goals across the site in accordance with set goals & KPI's
- Manage and lead the Punkee Editorial team to ensure they hit targets set and have high quality and consistent output across both Sydney and Melbourne
- Producing high quality unique content that engages audiences and fans
- Working closely with the Managing Editor and Publisher to execute the overall content strategy and vision
- Working closely with the Native Editor to ensure quality of native advertising campaigns
- Assisting with marketing content initiatives and strategy across multiple platforms to drive sales, engagement and traffic
- Staying up to date and responsive to the latest in Australian and International entertainment/ music news
- Working closely with the Managing Editor, site editors and staff writers to make sure that all content is on brand, optimised for user experience and executed to the highest standard
- Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content re-purposing, including real-time implementation of content strategies
- Implementing best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style
- Amplifying content through social media; Facebook, Twitter etc
- Reporting on performance and experience feedback whilst interpreting results for increased optimisation
Here's what you'll look like...
- Love Punkee! Demonstrable knowledge of Punkee, it's positioning, audience and tone of voice
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role, with a proven track record of producing and delivering highly engaging content
- An excellent understanding of youth communications & pop culture
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of content-based websites, blogs and best practices
- Demonstrate the the ability to produce a diverse range of content (words, video, audio, images) for digital media audiences
- Prior experience managing/ leading a small team desirable
- Proven editorial skills; outstanding command of the English language (examples required)
- Experience in creating unique and highly engaging content that stands out from the crowd with a deep understanding of what makes a truly great story and what keeps Punkee's dedicated audience informed and entertained is essential
- Deep knowledge of distributing content through social media including Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and Tumblr
- Understanding of and passion for new technology and its impact on content distribution and key traffic drivers (SEO, SEM, Social, Analytics, Video distribution etc.)
- Experience with content management systems and managing content production (that is, editorial timelines and calendars)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment both autonomously and in a team
- Degree qualified or experience/ training in a journalistic discipline
Only applicants with work samples and links uploaded via the LiveHire platform will be considered !!
If you're curious, brave, and ready to leap into a career like no other, we're ready to open our doors to you.
If this isn't the right role for you, we'd love for you to be part of our Talent Community where you'll find out about new opportunities first!
- Published on 11 Mar 2018, 9:22 PM