- Job no: 36HY3
Junkee Media launched five years ago with a remit to shake up Australia’s pop culture landscape. With a fresh take and unique attitude, Junkee quickly established itself as one of the most interesting new voices in Australian media. Junkee was named Media Brand of the Year at the Mumbrella Awards in its first year online, and its funny, smart, ballsy and interesting take on news, film, politics, TV and more has seen it develop a strong following.
Here's why we need you…
A fantastic opportunity to join the Junkee Media team in Surry Hills as we look for a talented and experienced Editor to come on board as Editor of Politics Junkee
Here's what you'll do...
As the News & Politics Editor you will assume full accountability for the publishing vision and execution of Junkee Media's Politics Junkee title with the aim of driving and increasing audience engagement, traffic and overall brand reputation in accordance with set targets and goals.
You will be responsible for the quality, timeliness and appropriateness of all news & politics content across the site. Guiding a team of staff writers and freelancers you will be involved in managing commissioned works and sub-editing copy as well as producing unique native content inline with media trends and topics.
- Taking full accountability for all content and traffic goals across the site in accordance with set goals & KPI's
- Ensuring all content is on brand, optimised for user experience and executed to the highest standard
- Identifying key ‘zeitgeist’ topics and shaping original content around them
- Brainstorming ideas, briefing and communicating with Editor and team of contributors
- Sourcing and following up leads, writing and interviewing; writing in an engaging style to ensure high volume readership
- Managing staff writers and freelance contributors to ensure commission works are consistent in tone of voice and quality
- Sub-editing news, features and reviews
- Being accountable for all grammar, messaging, writing, and styles across the board
- Delivering commercial content imperatives such as native stories for advertisers, event partners and sponsors
- Working closely with the Managing Editor and Publisher to execute the overall content strategy and vision
- Developing standards, systems and best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content re-purposing, including real-time implementation of content strategies
- Taking ownership and developing functional content calendar; ensure timely, inter-departmental communication regarding calendar of events
- Amplifying content through social media; Facebook, Twitter etc
- Reporting on performance and experience feedback whilst interpreting results for increased optimisation
- Overseeing the integration of content activities within traditional marketing campaigns
Here's what you'll look like...
- 4+ years experience creating, managing and deploying content at an editorial level
- Experience managing online media properties either in Australia or overseas
- A deep understanding of content-based websites, blogs and best practice
- Proven experience in content strategy development, demonstrated team leadership skills in managing media or content teams, and an understanding of user generated content and social media trends
- The ability to produce a diverse range of content (words, video, audio, images) for digital media audiences
- Experience or training in a journalistic discipline
- Proven editorial skills; outstanding command of the English language
- Ability to lead and inspire teams of creative personnel and content creators to achieve company's stated goals
- An excellent understanding of youth communications & pop culture
- Understanding of and passion for new technology and its impact on content distribution and key traffic drivers (SEO, SEM, Social, Analytics, Video distribution etc.)
- Experience with content management systems and managing content production (editorial timelines and calendars)
- Solid contacts and an established network within the Australian content business and community
- Established entertainment industry profile – a leader who carries cache, weight and influence within the industry
- A desire to further build own personal brand and profile
Only applicants with work samples and links uploaded via the LiveHire platform will be considered !!
If you're curious, brave, and ready to leap into a career like no other, we're ready to open our doors to you.
If this isn't the right role for you, we'd love for you to be part of our Talent Community!
- Published on 11 Mar 2018, 9:54 PM