Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘to hear, listen and think’. We operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets.
We focus on empowering our people to reach their potential. Prioritising our employees’ wellbeing, equal opportunities, along with empowering a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key. We make every effort to nurture a fun, supportive and collaborative culture.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, paid parental (primary & partner) leave, purchased leave scheme, plus an array of well-being options to support our people, is cornerstone to our success.
We understand the value of a diverse workforce and ability to work from home. We have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. We also celebrate International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people.
An overview of our role
As the General Manager Renewable Gas, your core remit is to provide strategic leadership, planning, direction and deployment of the Renewable Gas Strategy. Your responsibility is to enable the establishment of a renewable gas industry in NSW to secure long-term viability of Jemena’s gas distribution networks (NSW/ACT). You will collaborate with gas users, industry partners and governments to accelerate the integration of renewable gases into the gas network, enabling future network products and services
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Australian energy markets and regulatory regimes
- Established influencing skills and demonstrable evidence leading significant commercial negotiations, delivering growth and driving cultural change
- Advocate for favourable renewable gas policy settings including Government carbon abatement policies and certification
- Provide commercial leadership and direction to Renewable Gas team and to the Jemena Networks business as a member of the Jemena Networks Leadership team
- Oversee the delivery of renewable gas projects through to a positive investment decision by the Board, including renewable hydrogen and biogas
- Collaborate closely with Corporate Strategy to develop a Renewable Gas Strategy to maximise long-term profitability of the gas distribution networks consistent with the objectives of the Gas Distribution market strategy
- Strategic influencing skills and evidence of leading significant commercial negotiations, delivering significant growth and driving cultural change
- Proven track record of working collaboratively across boundaries and breaking down silos
Success of the role will be measured by the generation and execution of renewable gas investment opportunities and influencing stakeholders and policy to provide a positive environment for renewable gas that can support Jemena’s decarbonisation plans.
As part of Jemena’s commitment to keeping our employees safe, it is a requirement for all employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19. During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks and provide evidence of your vaccination status.
Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.