At Jemena, we are focussed on allowing our people to reach their own potential, be themselves at work and enjoy working in an inclusive environment. With a focus on our employees’ wellbeing, equal pay, equal opportunities and policies to support a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce, we pride ourselves on meeting our employee’s expectations.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits is a key foundation to our success. We are passionate about what we do and we are proud of who we are.
Jemena supplies gas and electricity to more than 1.7 million customers across Australia.
We are looking for an HSE Advisor who will provide efficient and effective HSE services across their area of Power Services operation in QLD ranging from Brisbane to Far North Queensland. You will support staff and field operatives (including contractors) through engaged monitoring, coaching and mentoring whilst also maintaining systems and reporting on performance. The role reports to the Senior HSE Advisor (NSW/QLD).
This opportunity will suit a highly organised, autonomous HSE professional who operates with integrity and has a sound knowledge of QLD HSE legislation. The role requires regular travel which can be extended in stay in QLD and on occasions interstate. The role will be based in Brisbane area.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide specialist technical HSE advice and support to the project/contract and local management team.
- Manage the implementation of Group HSEQ systems and initiatives, including the delivery of hands-on training with small and large groups.
- Lead incident investigations for significant and statutory reportable incidents.
- Interface with relevant stakeholders, both internal and external, providing specialist HSE Management Systems and audit/inspection support.
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationship relationships.
- Champion the development and implementation of the company policies, systems, procedures and guidelines.
- Be aware of the legislative changes and amend documentation and implement changes as required.
- Provide effective and timely advice to stakeholders with regard to HSE strategy and systems to assist with legislative obligations as is relevant to their areas of influence and accountability.
- Support the Group in the roll out of respective Health and Wellbeing initiatives.
- Support in the analysis of internal and external data and monitor key performance indicators to improve policy and systems.
- Working remote from other team members whilst still maintaining strong team relationships.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum Diploma in Health and Safety.
- Demonstrated experience within the Power Services/Electrical industry.
- WHSE knowledge and experience in Power Services overhead or civil maintenance fields desirable.
- Working knowledge of WHSE legislation in QLD.
- Demonstrated understanding of WHSE Management Systems.
- Thorough experience of Risk Management frameworks.
- Ability to deal effectively with multiple conflicting priorities and complex problems.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting incident investigations.
- Sound research and problem solving skills.
- Lead ICAM Investigator qualification desirable.
- Lead Auditor WHS qualification desirable.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
You will be provided with a strong level of support by a business with robust management systems however we are seeking an individual who is self-driven and can work both autonomously and as a team.
Please note you must possess a current Australian Driver’s Licence and continually hold this license as travel between sites is required. In addition, the candidate will need to have complete flexibility with their time to accommodate travel and also be away from your home residence for up to a week at time.
- Published on 02 Sep 2020, 5:27 AM