At Jemena, we are focussed on allowing our people to reach their own potential, be themselves at work and enjoy working in an inclusive environment. With a focus on our employees’ wellbeing, equal pay, equal opportunities and policies to support a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce, we pride ourselves on meeting our employee’s expectations.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits is a key foundation to our success. We are passionate about what we do and we are proud of who we are.
About the role:
We’re looking for an enthusiastic self-starter who has a passion for the energy industry to join our Gas Markets team as a Commercial Operations Adviser. The role will work in a team of six to oversee and manage all the day-to-day commercial and operational aspects to comply with the underlying gas contracts for the Jemena Gas Markets portfolio.
The assets you will be managing include Queensland Gas Pipeline, Eastern Gas Pipeline, VicHub Interconnect, Colongra Lateral, Darling Downs Pipelines, and Northern Gas Pipeline. It also includes managing the operations of Jemena’s Gas Processing Plants, including the facilities on the Northern Gas Pipeline and on the Atlas Lateral.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Review day-ahead, intra-day and late nominations taking into account line pack requirements, pressure and contractual limits
- Processing and verifying quantitative data to ensure timely and accurate compilation of daily transactions and reporting to customers
- Administering executed gas agreements (gas transportation agreements, connection agreements, operational balancing agreements and gas sales agreements)
- Managing and optimising day ahead gas positions for our assets as well as managing commercial and operational impacts of issues impacting our assets.
- Managing relationships with internal and external engineering and field teams to ensure that activities performed by the teams are within agreed terms of Jemena’s contracts and align with the team’s needs and direction
- Providing continuous commercial short-term coverage throughout the gas day, and acting as the primary point of contact to Control Room and Commercial Managers on issues that are commercial and operational in nature.
This position will require you to undertake rostered shift work to operate Jemena’s gas portfolio 24x7 and provide after-hours on-call support. The roster includes morning, night and weekend shifts on a 4 week rotating cycle.
You will ideally come with a tertiary qualification in Engineering, Business or a related field however candidates with relevant work expereince will also be considered.
With excellent communication and negotiation skills, you will be able to demonstrate your expereince and understanding of managing administration contracts and be able to make sense of complex, incomplete and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
Your strong analytical skills including the ability to prepare and present data will help you to succeed in this role as well as being able to manage difficult stakeholders in an emergency or high pressure situation. It would also be a huge advantage if you have prevoius expereince working in the Gas and Energy industry within an trading or operations role.
Jemena is an Australian energy company who own and operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with these essential services every day.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women’s Day, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!!
Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.
As part of Jemena’s recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks.