12 month fixed term.
Jemena is an Australian energy company who own and operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with these essential services every day.
The Capacity Planning Engineer is a specialist asset management role responsible for providing prudent and efficient engineering and technical services in order to support and influence the growth and operations of Jemena’s gas and water assets.
The role is responsible to deliver outcomes that ensure the continued supply of gas to Jemena's customers whilst ensuring safety, reliability, integrity and long term value of the gas assets is maintained and congruent with the asset class strategy, impacting both the commercial and technical goals of the organisation.
This role provides technical leadership and accountability to the business, and supports the line manager in ensuring engineering solutions support the asset management, operational and commercial objectives of the business.
What we're looking for
As the successful candidate you will bring the following skills and experience with you:
- Tertiary qualifications and/or higher in Engineering, entitling membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia.
- Technical experience in development of effective and efficient capacity designs, through complex modelling processes
- Knowledge of the Australian energy utilities/services provider and contractor market.
- Solid track record of delivering Engineering and technical functions including policy, standards development, regulatory compliance and risk management.
- Detailed working knowledge of complex IT modelling packages and IT systems used for collection of information for network planning purposes.
- Business management, including sound interpersonal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to participate in teams across multiple sites/projects.
- Demonstrated reasoning skills enabling strategic thinking, planning and execution.
As part of Jemena’s recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks.
- Published on 13 Sep 2020, 4:30 AM