At Jemena, we are focussed on allowing our people to reach their own potential, be themselves at work and enjoy working in an inclusive environment. With a focus on our employees’ wellbeing, equal pay, equal opportunities and policies to support a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce, we pride ourselves on meeting our employee’s expectations.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits is a key foundation to our success. We are passionate about what we do and we are proud of who we are.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Procurement Manager to support our Corporate division within our Services and Projects team for a fixed term contract until September 30, 2021.
This position will form part of the Procurement Property and Fleet Corporate team, responsible for collectively driving strategic sourcing, process improvements and change.
You will be a key member of a productive team of commercial property, plant and fleet specialists where you will develop and implement category strategies which meet defined enterprise objectives and the execution of strategic sourcing initiatives to bring benefits to the enterprise.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain category strategies with stakeholders to determine the best commercial approach and to maximise sourcing outcomes.
- Lead sourcing activities and complex commercial negotiations ensuring the delivery of measurable benefits.
- Understand what is happening in the external environment and bring that market knowledge, idea, innovation, efficiency improvement, etc… back to the business.
- Manage the supply base category life cycle including leading periodic business reviews and supplier performance.
- Maintain relationship governance frameworks with enterprise leaders to manage supplier responsibilities and performance, via the appropriate supplier relationship and governance/compliance processes.
You will be tertiary qualified in a legal and or/commercial discipline with experience working in a Procurement function that includes Sourcing, Supplier relationship, vendor management and planning and managing procurement categories.
With a solid track record and experience of being a strategic business partner you will also be able to demonstrate where you have delivered tangible benefits both in terms of cost savings and performance. This will include involve having the ability to effectively influence both internal and external stakeholders to create win/win outcomes for all parties.
Technical or industry-related experience in the energy sector is favourable.
Jemena is an Australian energy company who own and operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with these essential services every day.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women’s Day, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!!
Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.
As part of Jemena’s recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks.