Who We Are
Known best as the 'King of Trainers', JD Sports is a leading Multi-Channel Retailer of the biggest and best global Sports Fashion brands across footwear and apparel.
In 2017, JD Sports established itself in the Australian market and has since expanded to over 28 stores across NSW, VIC, QLD and WA.
With over 500 stores in a number of countries throughout Europe, USA, South East Asia and Australasia, we are proud of the fact that we provide our customers with the latest and greatest styles in a world class service environment.
JD Sports are growing and with that comes an exciting new Area Manager opportunity based in Melbourne.
As the VIC Area Manager, you will be in charge of 7 stores in total, with an additional 3 new stores to come in 2021!
Your key responsibility is to communicate a compelling vision of our brands and be the primary support for all Store Managers in your region. You will oversee the management and visual presentation of all stores to assist with achieving profitable sales growth.
You will also be responsible, however not limited to the following duties:
- Lead by example to set management expectations across your team and manage performance across a number of key areas, including financial KPIS, inventory management, profit protection, visual presentation and recruitment
- Train, mentor and coach team members to work towards goals and succession planning
- Drive management team to budget set daily and weekly on all business KPI’s and manage this closely
- Visit all stores on regular rotation to develop teams and ensure stores are performing at the required level for current and future growth
- Hold regular meetings and calls with your Managers to cover business updates and priorities
- Recruit, induct and train management team to build bench strength for future expansion
- Lead visual set-up of all new store openings and ensure relevant stores are upholding their visual representation
- Manage customer experience standards in store to be aligned with business expectations
- Manage priorities and responsibilities from all areas of the business, i.e Distribution Centre, Multi-Channel, Merchandise and Buying teams
- Work closely with the Area Visual Merchandiser to meet all visual expectations and standards in stores
- Payroll related tasks and reports, including base roster management
- Escalation point of contact for all queries within your region
Who You Are
- A highly experienced and well-rounded retailer with a minimum of 3-5 years experience in Area Management
- You have previous experience in a fast paced and similar retailer
- Go-getter attitude who thrives by being challenged
- Encompass all the necessary leadership skills to train, coach and develop your team
- A proven track record in driving and exceeding set KPI's while also motivating your region to achieve their set KPI's
- An ability to work with stakeholders at all levels since you will need to manage multiple priorities across all departments
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities, tasks and overall expectations
- Highly analytical individual with a strong attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Travelling to and from stores within your region is expected
- Opportunity to work for a growing international brand
- Attractive salary and quarterly bonus structure
- An opportunity to be an integral part of new store openings across Melbourne
- Generous staff discounts across all brands
- L&D Programs and training to support your growth
- Access to employee assistance program
- COVID safe practices implemented in store
The right person will thrive in a challenging and fast paced environment, encompass all the people skills necessary to lead and manage a dynamic team and a willingness to learn the ropes of being a true JD leader!
If this sounds like you and you're ready to kick off your next adventure at JD Sports - Apply Now!
Please note, by applying for this role you consent for us to complete a VEVO Check in order to verify your Australian Working Rights where required. Please also note, we will be required to complete a criminal background check as per company standards.
- Closed 13 days ago - 08 Jan 2021
- Published on 07 Dec 2020, 12:53 AM