- Job no: YPM9J
- Categories: Skilled Trades
- Schomberg, ON
- Full-time permanent
- Competitive salary
Ian Martin Workforce is working alongside a reputable food manufacturer that has been in business for over 60 years. The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the maintenance operation. Team building, safety, quality, setting and meeting goals/budget expectations, adherence to schedule, create and schedule preventative maintenance activities, and basic operational maintenance and sanitation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, and direct maintenance activities to ensure the plant meets its daily production schedule while ensuring product standards meet or exceed our customers’ expectations
- Be part of the team and lead the upcoming project of purchasing new equipment (assets) for the facility. Bringing your expertise on machinery placement so the facility runs at optimal efficiency.
- Manage a team of 4 direct employees
- Maintains a high on-floor presence especially for production line struggles, maintenance support and project work, and first production tests/runs.
- Acts as a liaison between departments, maintaining open lines of communication between all shifts including production, quality, maintenance, planning, and supply chain groups.
- Mentors and develops staff as well as interviewing and training new staff.
- Promotes communication, ownership of goals, pride, and commitment to ensure equipment is running smoothly for production
- Improves production quality, throughput, delivery performance, predictability, and profitability through effective planning, metrics, and training.
- Initiates tools and processes to minimize manufacturing costs and improve productivity through effective utilization of manpower, availability of equipment and materials.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to reduce production costs and improve material flow.
- Assists in developing and executing overall manufacturing strategies, including executing standardized work and other lean manufacturing practices
- Identifies cost drivers and proactively adjusts headcount and expenses to achieve budget / goal commitments.
- Leads the achievement of a zero-injury workplace.
- Assists in the investigation, documentation, and resolution of safety Incidents and situations requiring disciplinary action.
Hours & Classification:
The Manufacturing Manager will be primarily on the first shift. There may be times that off-shift support, training, special projects necessitate off-shift time. Weekend work as needed to support the operation does occur.
- Leadership experience in a supervisory or managerial role
- Technical background: Engineering or Trades equivalent
- There is a wastewater treatment facility on-site, experience with this would be an asset
- Team-building skills; the ability to gain consensus and deliver results through people
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills are essential
- 5-8 years high production experience required ideally in a food manufacturing environment
- Prior management experience
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades or Engineering professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.