- Job no: YKBNG
- Categories: Skilled Trades
Mechanic - Tractor/ Trailer
- Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Day and Afternoon Shifts Available
- $17.00-$ 36.00/ depending on experience.
- Mechanic Apprentices welcome to Apply
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a multi-disciplined transportation service provider that has been in business for over 60 years.
As their new Truck and Trailer Mechanic, you will be responsible for routine and preventative maintenance on a significantly large Fleet of Manual and Automatic trucks ranging from Flatbeds to 5 tonnes and Delivery Vans.
Daily Responsibilities Include:
- Perform preventative maintenance checks and servicing
- Complete electrical, interior, air brake system, tire, body repairs, and welding as required
- Assist in other types of repairs or general maintenance
- Facilitate safety inspections
- Repair/replace equipment when appropriate
- Assess equipment to see if they require to be sent out for repair
- Recognize and report faults or malfunctions on all company equipment
- Coordinate with other maintenance staff and the terminal to determine priorities for equipment repair.
- Maintain an organized and clean work area
- Perform all work in a safe manner and comply with safe work practices, policies, and procedures
- Personal protective equipment must be worn.
- High School diploma with a minimum of two years (apprenticeship) of experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven Maintenance Department.
- Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic license preferred
- Knowledge and experience in preventative maintenance including electrical, interior, air brake systems, tire, welding, and body maintenance.
- Government Inspection Certification preferred.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Proven demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision all the while being a team player.
- Experience with using a basic set of hand tools is required.
- Physical demands of Tractor/Trailer Mechanic position are above average.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs, bend and twist consistently, and stand all day.
- Required to climb in and out of tractor/trailer.
- Need to have a good sense of balance with hand and foot coordination with the ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon the season.
- Must be able to operate power equipment.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at Sarah.Fell@ianmartin.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 28 Apr 2021, 3:59 PM