- Job no: YHDHN
- Categories: Engineering, Civil
Civil Project Manager
- Hamilton, ON
- $60,000 to $100,000 annually
- Full-time, Permanent
- Benefits and RRSP program
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with a company that are experts in recycling metal and have ongoing projects in North America. Their vision is to aim for excellence while recycling metal around the globe. They have been creating positive differences for more than 80 years by uniting the strengths of its members. They are looking to grow their team with people that value hard work, trust, integrity and doing the job right.
As their new Civil PM, you will be working a full-time position, responsible for project management and leads the organization in the critical engineering tasks, development and/or implementation of strategies and polices as related to the Project. A strong collaborative approach in the implementation and initiatives is essential in the success of this role. This position performs principle functions to ensure overall safety, completion; process and procedure of projects are on time and on budget.
You will be…
- Fully document equipment, including design, drafting, and revision control in accordance with proposal and client.
- Collaborating and leading the project team toward preparation of a professional and economical set of plans and specifications
- Ensuring appropriate QA/QC practices are implemented, consistent with company practices
- Leading the production/coordination of preliminary and detailed design drawings and preparation of related reports, coordination of approvals, development of construction cost estimates, and liaising with client, sub-consultants and contractors
- Reviews products for cost-effectiveness of design and material selection
- Tendering, contract awards and contract management
- Coordinate with all consultants and plan meetings and development actions
- All required permitting: Building, environmental add jurisdictional
- Act as coach/mentor/resource regarding safety issues to production teams.
- Plans, schedules, strategies and oversees all construction activities while continually maintaining the building code requirements
Why this is the right job for you…
- Previous experience overseeing large construction projects including land development with structures with multiple subcontractors and ability to run project meetings
- Experience in estimating, planning approval processes and working within the regulatory process; demonstrated experience with compliance regulations and securing permits
- Experience with infrastructure projects is essential
- Minimum 3-5 years of Project Management experience at Civil Industrial
- Minimum of 15 years experience in Civil Engineering and a University Degree in Civil Engineering
- Knowledge in Heavy industrial Equipment considered an asset
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills within the field of expertise.
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work requirements effectively with minimal direction.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Work will require travel to multiple sites and occasional weekend and/or evenings
- Ability to read/produce site plans and specifications
- Ability to use Auto cad and MS Project is a must
- Knowledge of OBC Code
- Knowledge of the Environmental Civil regulations and norms
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Annual Salary plus Group Benefits Plan and RRSP Plan
- Published on 20 Apr 2021, 3:43 PM