- Job no: YF3AR
- Categories: Skilled Trades, Manufacturing
- Guelph, ON
- $18 per hour
- Day or Afternoon Shift – OT Available
- 1-year contract starting ASAP
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with one of the largest private water providers in the world that commits to shaping a sustainable environment and preserving the fundamental elements like water, soil, and air.
As their new Mechanical Assembler, your responsibilities will include manufacturing, assembly, basic testing, packaging, and shipping of products with the demonstrated attention to detail and quality-minded work habits
You will be doing…
- Positioning, installing and securing all sub-components into various pieces of equipment as per appropriate drawings
- Assemble, install, and test various components and sub-components to applicable drawings
- Able to stand for extended periods of time, lift 50 lbs, and walk, bend, and climb stairs on a frequent basis
- Performs manufacturing assembly operations and various tasks following procedures, bills of materials and work instructions
- Follows all EHS and Quality policies and procedures Participates in quality control inspections when required
- Works with team leaders, engineers, supervisors, and managers to improve quality and process efficiency.
Why this is the right job for you…
- High School Diploma GED or local equivalent
- Must be mechanically proficient, good working knowledge of hand tools (ie. Drivers, wrenches, pliers, drills)
- 1 or more years of related manufacturing or plumbing or construction building experience
- Ability to assemble equipment to assembly and process drawings
- Blueprint reading experience is a strong asset
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (647) 957 7322.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Day or Afternoon Shift.
- Published on 06 Apr 2021, 8:09 PM