- Job no: YETKM
- Categories: Skilled Trades, Transportation
- Hamilton, ON
- $50,000 to $65,000 annual
- Permanent, Days (8:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
- Benefits and RRSP program
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with a company that are experts in recycling metal and have ongoing projects in North America. They are looking for a Dispatcher to join their team. You will be focused on the Broker side of the business, must have great attention to detail and ability to review contracts to better understand how many trucks you will need to book for the month. Having experience with weights and a large fleet of vehicles is essential.
You will be…
- Booking 30 to 50 trucks per day
- Regularly reviewing contracts to best understand how many trucks will be required on a monthly basis
- Responsible for providing a high level of customer service to all accounts while scheduling company drivers to service those customers.
- Problem-solving and learning every day on the job
Why this is the right job for you…
- Minimum of 1 year of previous dispatch experience
- Previous experience with heavy weighted loads
- Prefer experience with a large fleet preferably of roll-off and/or lugger truck
- Strong professionalism and customer service skills
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to multitask and maintain strong attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of MTO rules and regulations
- Experience dispatching cross border an asset
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary based on experience. Extended Benefits after 3 months, Pension matching after 6 months.
- Published on 20 Apr 2021, 12:41 PM