- Job no: YCH97
- Categories: Skilled Trades, Manufacturing
- Portland, OR
- $18 to $20 per hour
- Monday to Friday, Day Shift
- 5-month contract starting ASAP
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with a multinational chemical company that is looking to hire a Production Technician. In this role, you will be handling chemicals and plastic compounding. You will work from specific instructions to operate the appropriate process equipment to produce a consistent product.
You will be doing….
- Performing light manufacturing duties related to new and existing products, generate reliable product test data through defined manufacturing procedures, and report data to manufacture and engineering teams.
- Operated process equipment to maintain product within customer specifications
- Maintaining lot integrity by keeping accurate batch/run sheets
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting of equipment
- Adhere to established safety, health and environmental policies and procedures
- Participate in incident investigations
- Accomplish day-to-day and recurring EHS activities
- Proactive hazard recognition and EHS issues
Why this is the right job for you…
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience with manufacturing/testing/calibrating products desired.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplined team environment with little supervision.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Possess working knowledge of laboratory testing and analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of commonly-used product testing concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (281) 946 4602.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Monday to Friday, 8-hr Shift, rare need for OT.
- Published on 30 Mar 2021, 3:54 PM