- Job no: XCD88
- Categories: Skilled Trades, Heavy Industrial
Press Quench Setup Operator
- New Berlin, WI
- $20 to $27 per hour
- Flexible Schedule
- Contract to Perm Position
- Previous Experience Required
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with a global provider of subcontract thermal processing services, with over 180 locations across the globe and founded in the early 1900’s, the company has developed to become the international leader in thermal processing.
As their new Press Quench Setup Operator, you will be counted on to set up and shutdown, operate, control and monitor heat treating equipment, working independently with several presses as required. Focused on smaller runs which will require frequent tooling changes and press setups.
You will be doing….
- Set up of Press Quench as per the requirements of the order
- Shutdown of Press Quench as required
- Prepares work for processing; loads and unloads furnaces, bins, fixtures, baskets, etc.
- Brings any unusual problem or irregularity to the attention of supervisor.
- Practices and promotes safety and good housekeeping.
- Performs other tasks as assigned or dictated by the position
- Responsible for the care and treatment of customer’s inventory and as such will perform duties in a safe and responsible manner to prevent customer loss or damage
- Must have the ability to report for work on time, follow directions, interact effectively with co-workers, understand, and follow rules and procedures and accept constructive criticism
Why this is the right job for you…
- Must be able to setup the press and change out tooling
- Comfortable making own adjustments and working independently
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to obtain and maintain forklift operation certification
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in heat treating
- Must have working knowledge of metallurgy, temperatures, etc.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of computer applications including Microsoft Office and databases is required
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com or call (414) 882 8180.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hourly Rate. OT after 40 hours. Possible conversion to Permanent Position. Flexible Schedule.
- Published on 01 Feb 2021, 7:06 PM