- Job no: TRTRQ
- Categories: Skilled Trades, Construction
- Ottawa/Orleans, Ontario
- $23.64 to $28.60 per hour
- Monday to Thursday, 7 AM to 4:30 PM; Friday 7 AM to 3:30 PM
- OT after 44, OT Shifts Available
- Contract leading to Permanent position
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with a large privately-owned homebuilder that has several developments happening in the Ottawa/Orleans-area. They are looking for several diverse handyman/persons to work with their residential clients to do warranty work drywall, trims and cabinet repair, tiling, caulking. This is the ideal job for a Jack or Jill of all trades!
You will be doing…
- Complete warranty service work which includes fixing and eliminates deficiency items as noted on Homeowner 30 day, 1st year, & 2nd-year Warranty forms;
- Review service warranty lists with homeowners – explaining which item will be rectified immediately and why.
- Advise of the process to assign work to trades at a later date.
- Obtaining homeowner's signature on completed items.
- Respond and resolve Homeowner emergency calls such as roof or plumbing leaks;
- Preparing materials required to complete service work prior to visiting homeowners.
- Providing a list of required materials and supplies to the direct supervisor on weekly basis.
- Meet regularly with your direct supervisor at designated times to discuss completed work and work to be assigned to trades.
- Review work orders on a proactive and daily basis.
- Develop a constructive and helpful working relationship with homeowners
Why this is the right job for you…
- Minimum of 6 months of relevant experience in the residential/ commercial construction industry, or experience in the renovations/repairs business.
- Flexible, with the willingness and ability to travel daily to assigned sites and to work at locations across the division.
- Experienced with residential construction skills like carpentry work, cleanup, door/window installation, Blueskin installation; interior work such as concrete repair/forming, drywall, tiles, trim and cabinetry
- Must have a valid driver’s license, regular access to a vehicle and provide own tools.
- Team-oriented mentality and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Self-starter and driven, dependable and able to remain calm in high-stress situations
- Safety Certifications preferred: Propane/Natural Gas Handling, Working At Heights, Aerial Work Platform
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hourly rate based on experience. $23.64 to $28.60 per hour. Working At Heights and Aerial Work Platform preferred.
- Published on 01 Apr 2021, 4:40 PM