- Job no: TJB8G
- Categories: Skilled Trades
- Caledonia, ON
- Full-time permanent (all year round)
- Monday- Friday (7:00am – 5:30pm) - No Saturdays!
- $27-$35/ hour based on skillset and previous experience.
- Employee Uniforms and cell phone provided.
- Previous professional landscaping experience a MUST!
Ian Martin Workforce is working in tandem with an award-winning landscaping contractor serving the Greater Hamilton areas. This company has a small-town feel that has kept over 40 employees busy all year round for the last 25 years.
Daily Responsibilities include:
- Lead and Coach a small construction team with 2 other skilled landscapers
- Adhere to schedules for the completion of projects.
- Read & understand landscape blueprints.
- Grading & Installing of Natural & Pre-cast products
- Understanding and Knowledge of Plant Material and Installation procedures
- Safe operation of Skid steer, Mini Excavator, Saws, Tampers
- Support the safety and performance culture of the company.
- Proper care for tools & equipment
Why are you qualified:
- Previous experience working for a landscaping company.
- Experience operating machinery including Skid steer, Mini Excavator, Saws, Tampers
- You enjoy working within a team and are able to lead/coach a small team
- Interlocking, flagstone, water feature, sodding and planting experience an asset
- You have a full G license with a clean driver abstract and a vehicle to get to/ from the site
Why do you want to work for us?
- Safe, enjoyable team atmosphere to grow & learn.
- Proper training for all new tasks
- Breaks and travel time paid each day
- Full-time hours with most weekends off
- Year-round family holiday program
- Employee engagement program option
- Enrollment in our company social and community programs if interested.
- Year-round employment program - no EI hassles
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 01 Apr 2021, 1:10 PM