- Job no: TGB6B
- Categories: Skilled Trades, Manufacturing
- Parsippany, NJ
- $200 Gross Bonus after 6 weeks of employment
- $300 Gross Bonus after 3 months of employment
- Long-term, stable position
- Pay rate: $24.20 per hour.
- 2nd Shift (2 PM to 10 PM)
- 3rd Shift (10 PM to 6 AM)
- Pay rate: $25.30 per hour.
- 3rd Shift (10 PM to 6 AM)
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with a manufacturer of advanced turbine engine components using sophisticated machining processes. This is a great opportunity for someone with a year of experience in EDM/CNC or tooling production or equivalent, or someone that has graduated from a Metronics Tech school or similar program.
As their new Machine Operator, you are eager to build upon your existing skills while developing new ones. You are interested in learning more on the job and even contributing to continuous improvement plans as you continue to grow in your role. This is an exciting company that is well established and stable, that can offer a future with growth.
You will be…
- Promotes a culture focused on safe machine operations and material handling procedures.
- Set-up and operate CNC machines to perform 3, 4, and 5 axis machining operations, which could include conventional milling/drilling, fast hole drilling, graphite shaping on metal castings, forgings, and bar stock according to specifications and set-up instructions, applying knowledge of machining methods.
- Lift workpiece on a table manually or with other material handling equipment and position and secures workpiece on machine table or in holding device.
- Select and install tooling, place tools in automatic-tool-changer (if required) in the sequence specified on the process sheet.
- Record production inspection results in the computer data system.
- Observe numerical displays on the control panel and compare them with data on the process sheet to verify dimensional adjustments, feed rates, and speed of machining cuts. Check the program at the start of each shift.
- Record and inspect key dimensions for conformance to specifications using a micrometer and precision dial gauges.
- Notify supervisor if machined first piece and production parts do not conform to specifications or of machine malfunction.
- Troubleshoot production problems.
- Deburr all pieces as per specifications and good machining practice.
- Maintain tools and measuring instruments supplied by the company.
- Maintain company production and quality standards.
- Report unusual problems or conditions to supervisor.
- Observe company safety rules and regulations.
- Perform, as assigned, other similar and related duties.
Why this is the right job for you…
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required
- Minimum of 1-year experience in EDM/CNC or tooling production or equivalent
- Basic mechanical skills needed
- Proficient shop math skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift/push/pull at least 50 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work occasional weekend shifts
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Willingness to wear personal protective equipment, for example, safety glasses, gloves, earplugs, and safety shoes
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Successful completion of a background check and drug screen
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (281) 946 4602.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 31 Mar 2021, 7:31 PM