- Job no: RR4GB
- Categories: Skilled Trades, Mechanical Service
- St Clements, ON
- $25 to $30+ per hour based on experience
- Monday to Friday, 8 to 10-hr shift
- OT after 8-hrs daily, Saturday x1.5, Sunday x2
- Contract to cover Medical Leave (4 to 8 weeks, possible extension)
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with a mechanical services provider that focuses on supporting the food industry. They are in need of a procurement professional that can jump right in and oversee purchasing activities and ensure that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality
You will be…
- Maintaining positive vendor relations, expediting vendors, evaluating supply options, approving purchases, and maintaining accurate records.
- Research and liaise with vendors to acquire goods and services to meet project requirements
- Compare and evaluate vendor offers and negotiate advantageous terms and pricing for project-related goods and services
- Create purchase orders, approve and manage order details (e.g., vendors, quantities, prices) for all goods and services
- Track orders to ensure delivery timelines are met
- Maintain open communication of changes, delays and expedites to all affected departments
- Develop and manage relationships with vendors emphasizing long-term vendor relationships
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Collaborate with various departments, team members and customers to ensure clarity of the specifications and timelines
- Be an active team member adhering to customer protocols and expectations, Health and Safety protocols, and team meetings
- Work effectively and efficiently with team members towards project deadlines
Why this is the right job for you…
- 10 years of relevant experience
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude; willingness to learn
- Able to work well independently, under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible to work OT and weekends as needed to complete projects
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contract to cover Medical Leave, OT after 8 hrs/day, Saturday x1.5, Sunday x2; Shop Hours 6 Am to 5 PM
- Published on 20 Apr 2021, 4:41 PM