LiveHire users cookies on this website. Cookies are small pieces of data stored by your browser on your computer or device to help run this site, improve security, and improve your experience.

Click Accept to continue, or for more information please see our Cookies Policy.

‹ Back to all jobs

Estimator/ Technical Sales

  • LocationMississauga, ON L4Z 1P3 - Canada
  • Work TypeFull Time - Permanent
  • Positions1 Position
  • Published At:a month ago
  • Technical Sales Rep
  • Estimator


  • Job no: PAB3P
  • Categories: Skilled Trades

Estimator and Technical Sales Rep

  • Mississauga, ON
  • Full-time permanent
  • Base salary + Annual Bonus
  • Day Shift (8:30am – 5:00pm)
  • Health Spending Account.

Ian Martin Workforce is working alongside a reputable Gasket Manufacturers in Mississauga, ON. Celebrating over 30 years of business and serving a variety of different industries, from Aerospace & Aviation to the Petro-Chemical industry, this dynamic team is looking to hire an Estimator/ Technical Salesperson.

This is a unique role within the company because 60% of the time you will be required to provide customers with quotes and estimates and the other 40% of the time you will be building a pipeline of growth opportunities. You will organically grow your current customer base while finding potential new clients across Canada.

 Day to Day activities:


  • Timely creation of customer quotations and RFQ costing.
  • Obtain, review and maintain third party pricing for raw materials
  • Effectively analyze historical production costs
  • Interface and provide on-going technical support to customers
  • Interface with operations and purchasing to ensure accuracy of all quotes.
  • Recognize key parameters such as equipment and material pricing guidelines, freight, inflation, material offcuts, material efficiencies
  • Understand fabrication methods and time required for jobs

Technical sales:

  • Expand the relationships with existing customers by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives
  • Ensure customer contact strategy is adhered to
  • Build a pipeline of growth opportunities within the existing customer base and new business opportunities
  • Identify and close cross-sell /up-sell opportunities.
  • Review and identify areas of opportunity in quote conversion (customer/industry/product).
  • Build and implement action plans to improve quote conversion.
  • Gain an understanding of the scope of opportunity for web leads
  • Present ACG solutions and close new business


Qualifications/ Experience:

  • Minimum of 3-10 years in technical estimation /sales experience required
  • Exceptional written and verbal communication
  • Must have demonstrated high attention to detail
  • Ability to calculate mathematical formulations, analyze and understand production drawings, convert between various measurements, calculate product/material yields
  • Thorough understanding of business processes including the costing process and negotiation
  • Strong use of excel including pivots, vlookups
  • Excellent computer skills (Knowledge of ACCPAC/SAGE, AutoCad an asset)
  • Math, Manufacturing, Engineering or Trades background an asset
  • Knowledge of AS 9100 / ISO 9001 procedures an asset
  • Ability to work individually and as part of a Team


Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.

 If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.

We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at

We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.




  • Published on 13 Apr 2021, 8:01 PM