- Job no: P7KMJ
- Categories: Skilled Trades, Heavy Industrial
- Hamilton, ON
- $37.75 per hour
- Full-Time, Permanent
- Days (7:00 AM to 3:00 PM) or Afternoon Shift (3:00 PM to 11:00 PM)
- 433A Certification of Qualification or Registered Apprentice
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with a company that are experts in recycling metal and have ongoing projects in North America. Their vision is to aim for excellence while recycling metal around the globe. They have been creating positive differences for more than 80 years by uniting the strengths of its members. They are looking to grow their team with people that value hard work, trust, integrity and doing the job right.
As their new Millwright, you will be working a full-time position having an interest, and ideally, a background in heavy industrial environments and work on state-of-the-art equipment. Have a positive attitude and a strong working knowledge with welding and torch cutting. You will need to be able to work independently and stay focused and on-task and prioritize urgency based on production requirements. You will also have access to a uniform dry-cleaning service as well as an amazing lunch program with an on-staff chef.
You will be…
- Working both indoors and outdoors performing preventative and predictive maintenance on all fixed assets on site.
- Troubleshooting, identify deficiencies, reading schematics and blueprints as well as consulting equipment manuals.
- Providing technical support, replacing parts, adjusting settings, confirming proper operation and making recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Complete work orders and ensure any parts that are used are documented for reordering.
- Performing various welding duties when necessary (GMAW/GTAW/SMAW – hard facing and buildup)
- Other duties will apply.
Why this is the right job for you…
- Certified Journeyman Millwright (Certification of Qualification and/or Red Seal) or Registered Apprentice
- Experience working safely in a heavy industrial setting (mining, shipyards, oil and gas, steel) preferred
- Ability to working indoors, outdoors, exposure to the elements
- Proficient in welding and torch cutting a must.
- Able to conduct and complete scheduled Preventative Maintenance tasks and checklists, complete work orders and ensure any parts that are used are documented for reordering.
- Experience with scrap yards or industries that utilize stamping and mining skills.
- Must be able to stay on task past regularly scheduled hours to ensure job completion.
- Flexible to work on Afternoons when start times are tied to the production schedule of particular equipment
- High commitment to safety at all times with excellent communications skills.
- Strong work ethic with a team player mentality.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Journeyperson starting at $37.50; scaled rate for apprentices. Full-Time, Permanent: co-pay benefits (60/40), RRSP Matching, Bonuses after 6 months, Tool and PPE Allowances.
- Published on 25 Mar 2021, 4:02 PM