- Job no: NM8BT
- Categories: Skilled Trades, Manufacturing
Helper / Racker
- Elgin, IL
- Days – Monday to Friday, 7 AM to 3:30 PM or 6 AM to 2:30 PM
- Starting at $15 per hour
- On-the-job Training
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with the largest provider of thermal processing services with a facility in Elgin, Illinois. They have just finished building a brand new facility with top of the line equipment and looking to give opportunities to someone that has a strong desire to learn on the job and wants a future within an organization that promotes from within. This position will start off on contract and based on job performance and attendance, can change to a permanent role.
This is a great opportunity for someone that is looking for a stable job, willing to learn and develop your skills. No previous manufacturing experience is required, must be comfortable working in an industrial environment.
You will be…
- Prepares work for processing including cleaning, painting, wiring, fixturing, etc.
- Loads and unloads furnaces, bins, fixtures, baskets, etc.
- Stacks/loads parts in customer bins or containers.
- Immediately brings any unusual problem, irregularity or concern to Heat Treater, Foreman/Lead Person or management.
- Following the correct procedures and process for that department
- Fill out paperwork and details of the operation on-a daily basis.
- Maintain a safe work environment and have excellent communication with co-workers.
- Participate in department meetings and contribute to the agenda of continual improvement.
Why this is the right job for you…
- Enjoy working with your hands and being active
- Motivated and willing to learn new skills
- Able to take direction and feedback on how to improve skills
- Committed to maintaining a safe work environment and looking out for co-workers
- High attention to detail and takes pride in work being done
- Previous relevant experience preferred but not required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong attendance record and commitment to supporting your team
- Steel Toed Safety Footwear required; all other PPE will be provided.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com or (414) 882 8180.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hourly Rate, Hands-on Training, opportunity for advancement and leading to permanent position based on attendance and job performance. 1st Shift (7 AM to 3:30 PM or 6 AM to 2:30 PM)
- Published on 11 Jan 2021, 2:18 PM