- Job no: NGCJQ
- Categories: Skilled Trades, Manufacturing
- Mississauga, ON
- $16.50 per hour
- Monday to Thursday, 7 AM to 4:30 PM, Friday 7 AM to 3:30 PM
- Contract leading to Permanent Position
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with an elevator manufacture that provides customized solutions to their clients. They are seeking a Material Handler that can support their Production and Fabrication teams by ensuring that assemblers have the supplies they need on a consistent basis to manufacture elevator fixtures including fixture components.
What you will be doing...
- Anticipate and deliver components, packaging supplies, and material corresponding to orders to work areas as required.
- Move sheet metal using a crane from racks to CNC laser machine.
- Run laser cut sheet metal parts in the deburring machine.
- Report any quality issues, damaged or defective materials.
- Identify non-conformances.
- Complete shop records accurately.
- Handle medium-to-heavy materials intermittently using a pallet jack, crane or by hand.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned
- Ensure adherence to Health and Safety as well as active participation in 5S activities in the work area.
Why this is the right job for you…
- You're looking to get in with a company that will offer you on the job training with room for advancement
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- 1 – 2 years of material handling experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
- At least 2 years of factory and/or manufacturing experience preferred
- Demonstrated dexterity and ability to understand simple to complex assemblies
- Ability to lift loads up to 25lbs
- Detail-oriented with strong communication skills
- Experience with electrical fixtures material and component manufacturing considered an asset
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
$16.50 per hour. 44 hours per week. Contract leading to Permanent position.
- Published on 19 Mar 2021, 3:42 PM