- Job no: NFCB4
- Categories: Skilled Trades, Production
- Milton, ON
- Starting at $18 per hour
- Days, Monday to Friday
- Temp-to-Perm, Full Time
- Starting ASAP
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with a custom body builder of service vehicles that are looking for someone that’s mechanically inclined and likes to work with their hands. This is a long-term role that will involve training and opportunity for advancement.
As their new Technician, you will be working full-time hours on a straight Days shift. This is a fast-paced, production environment where you will be depended on by your team to work together to get the job done on time. If you have worked in some sort of automotive application – oil changes, body shop, small equipment maintenance, this would be a great environment for you.
You will be…
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate tooling based on job requirements
- Assemble truck bodies and parts post paint (install locks, hardware, lighting)
- Mounting truck body to truck chassis
- Wiring for 12-volt electrical systems
- installation of hydraulic systems (PTO's, pumps, compressors)
- Test and inspect the assembled product(s) to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
Why this is the right job for you…
- Good mechanical aptitude and like to work with tools
- Interest in learning on the job
- Reliable with a good attendance record
- Thrive working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to stand for an extended period and lift to 50 lbs
- Willingness to ask questions and give assistance as needed
- Certificate or courses in Automotive Technician/Mechanic a plus
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Starting at $18 per hour, the wage will be reviewed as signed off on tasks.
- Published on 12 May 2021, 4:31 PM