- Job no: N3KT8
- Categories: Skilled Trades, Chemical
Chemical Mix Machine Operator
- Minnetonka, Minnesota
- $22 per hour, OT Available
- 12-hour Nights Shift, 6 PM to 6 AM
- 1 Year Contract Starting ASAP
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with one of the largest private water providers in the world that commits to shaping a sustainable environment and preserving the fundamental elements like water, soil, and air.
As their new Chemical Mix Machine Operator, you will operate state-of-the-art membrane coating equipment, including chemical mixing, quality checks, troubleshooting, and packaging. You will perform quality workmanship and keep scheduled deadlines to meet customer expectations.
You will be doing….
- Set-up, operate, and clean membrane production equipment
- Conduct handling and mixing of chemicals according to prescribed formulas and procedures (strong acids, bases, and solvents are used in the regular process)
- Enter production data into the database, forms, logs, and SAP accurately, clearly, and completely
- Move raw materials and finished products to proper locations
- Monitor and document raw material and final product quality, including adjusting coating processes to assure membrane meets specifications, and perform and document cell tests on membrane
- Perform troubleshooting and regularly scheduled maintenance and calibration procedures
- Follow all life-critical policies and procedures (Lock-out/Tag-Out, Confined Space Entry, Line-Break)
- Contain, label, store, and transfer hazardous waste according to applicable regulations
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by Supervisor, Facilitator, or Lead
Why this is the right job for you…
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a manufacturing environment, or military service in a technical background
- Willingness to work with chemicals, including solvents and acids
- Previous experience with inventory control an asset
- Some previous experience using lab equipment preferred
- Trained to operate a fork truck in a manufacturing area preferred
- Ability to work a schedule that rotates days of the week and includes every other weekend coverage, resulting in working 7 out of every 14 days.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com or call (281) 946 4595.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Work Monday, Thursday, Friday in Week 1 (36 hours), Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday in Week 2 (48 hours). Built-in OT every other week. Shifts as 12-hours.
- Published on 30 Mar 2021, 5:13 PM