- Job no: M3CE4
- Categories: Skilled Trades, Construction
- Hamilton, ON
- 306A Certification of Qualification Required
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with a company that is a mechanical service provider that works with commercial and institutional clients. They are looking to hire a Field Manager to support their growing Special Projects department which focuses on short service projects that can take a few weeks to a few months to complete.
What you would be doing...
- Responsible for all aspects of multiple smaller, typically mechanically dominated projects, including subtrade management and coordination
- Manages field projects on their own with significant guidance from the Construction Superintendent
- Demonstrates full authority for safety in the work environment for themselves, their workers, and other trades on site
- Responsible to coordinate multiple Tradesmen or Apprentices including workflow identification and coordination between office and field, hazard assessments, daily reports, weekly inspections, material requisitions, 6-week lookaheads, subcontractors checklists and timesheet management
- Duties will include, but not limited to, plumbing, pipefitting, cutting, coring, digging and trenching, measuring, layout, paperwork, and other similar tasks.
- Depending on the project staffing, also be responsible for other field duties including items such as housekeeping, caulking, filing, organizing, receiving, material supply to the work areas, etc
Why this is the right job for you…
- Have a valid 306A Plumber Certification of Qualification
- Experience leading smaller crews of people and can motivate others
- Safety Certifications: Working At Heights, Aerial Work Platform, WHMIS, 4-Steps
- Like being on the tools still and want to pass along your knowledge
- Able to report to shop in Hamilton on a daily basis
- Excellent customer service and able to work directly with clients
- Strong communication skills and commitment to working safely at all times
- Able to remain calm under pressure and keep the focus on the task at hand
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 19 Apr 2021, 9:38 PM