- Job no: KKF96
- Categories: Skilled Trades
Die Roll Operator
- Visalia, California
- 2nd Shift (7:00pm-7:00am) Monday-Friday
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K w/ up to 4% Company Match
- Vacation Pay, Sick Pay, Holiday Pay, Birthday Pay
- Temporary Pandemic Pay Increase for Essential Roles
- Overtime paid out (x1.5) after 8 hours/ DAILY
- Up to $2/hr Production Bonus if goals are met within the team
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a leading manufacturer and packager of private label and co-manufactured pet food and pet snack products.
We are starting a second shift within this state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and will be hiring multiple positions for the Die Roll Operator setting up, adjust, maintains, and operates various pieces of computerized and manual equipment.
- Observe flow of materials through equipment and listen for machine malfunctions (e.g. jamming or spillage).
- Set mixer controls according to run schedule specifications.
- Set-up die-roll for specific dough rate.
- Observe/Examine products during and after the drying process to ensure conformance with standards.
- Observe temperature/humidity/product samples and adjust controls, such as conveyer speeds and die-roll settings, in order to maintain prescribed operating conditions for specific products.
- Read work orders in order to determine quantities and types of products to be dried; with knowledge of products being produced.
- Record production data, such as weight and amount of product processed, type of product, and time and any hand-adds that will be needed processing.
- Complete batching forms with the correct information and record used ingredients.
- Clean conveyer belt and die-roll between product change.
- Responsible for housekeeping of the mixer/die-roll area. (e.g. sweeping the floor, removing trash, cleaning the machine at the end of the shift, preparing for next shift’s production, and finalizing any paperwork in an accurate, clear, and concise manner).
- Ensure dies are cleaned and stored properly.
- Clean equipment meticulously.
- Report any food safety issue observed to manager/supervisor.
- Report any security breaches, attempts at product tampering or contamination, or other suspicious behavior observed to manager/supervisor.
- Complete and comply with the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS), Daily Routine List (DRL), HACCP procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Compliance.
- Maintain a food-safe sanitary environment at all times.
- Complete records/quality checks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Escalate any non-conforming product/equipment/material to the appropriate manager/supervisor immediately.
- Follow Company’s quality assurance procedures and protocols at all times while on duty (eg. Labeling of containers, Inventory Control, PM programs).
- Promote a positive proactive environment where input from team members is valued and encouraged.
- Provide back-up support for other roles as necessary.
- Available for overtime work on a scheduled or call-in basis, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager/supervisor.
- A high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 31 Mar 2021, 9:10 PM