- Job no: JQ77Q
- Categories: Skilled Trades
Senior HVAC Service Technician
- Kemptville, Ontario
- 8:00am – 5:00pm (Monday-Friday)
- Full-time permanent position
- Pay Rate: $30-$40/ depending on experience and licenses.
- Overtime after 8 hours/ day
- Paid Birthdays Off, Uniforms, Training and Benefits
Ian Martin Workforce is working alongside a reputable and longstanding HVAC company that installs and services HVAC equipment and indoor Air Quality Accessories for their residential and commercial customers. This company is known for their Red-Carpet Treatment and this is a fantastic opportunity for a service minded professional who is committed to being a master of their trade.
- Perform complex diagnostics, maintenances, troubleshooting, repair, and installation work on residential HVAC systems and/or equipment.
- Manage customer relationships by consulting with them to identify their needs and provide recommendations; explain pricing, how the equipment works, and what each part does.
- Be responsible for up-selling equipment and service to customer. Provide quotes on repairs.
- Process customer payments.
- Perform after hour’s on-call service according to schedule.
- Provide training to junior technicians as appropriate.
- Maintain and uphold health and safety practices while on all job sites including proper dealing with carbon dioxide, natural gas, propane & oil.
- Conform to all municipal and utility codes and quality standards of the Company to ensure gases and HVAC equipment are handled with care.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Minimum of 2 years(recent) field technician experience ideally working with Gas, Oil, Heat Pumps, Geothermal, boilers, HRV, Humidifiers and hot water tanks
- Gas fitters II (G2) license and OBT2 are required. Licensed Refrigeration Mechanic (313D) and ODP card an asset
- Valid driver’s license and insurance
- Excellent knowledge of gas and oil codes, safety requirements and transportation of dangerous goods
- Proven problem solving and conflict resolution ability
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to keep up with shifting demands
- Excellent time management skills while displaying a sense of urgency.
- Team player
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at Sarah.Fell@ianmartin.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 31 Mar 2021, 5:26 PM