- Job no: JBY97
- Categories: Skilled Trades
Field Service Technician
- Montreal, Quebec
- Full-time permanent
- $60,000- 70,000/ annually plus OT after 7.5 hours per day
- Car allowance – 740$/mth plus gas
- Uniforms provided
Ian Martin Workforce is working alongside a long standing Canadian owned and operated company that have been in business for the last 130 years. This organization specializes in providing their clientele with equipment, components and expert service to municipalities, manufacturers, and natural resource producers within Canada.
As their new Field Service Technician in Quebec, you are required to provide 24/7 on call field service support, trouble shooting and training at customer locations on the mechanical, and /or electrical components. The Field Service Technician must have Strong verbal & written skills and French language is a requirement.
- Performing preventive maintenance, emergency and warranty repairs, installation supervision, commissioning of new equipment, system audits, process troubleshooting and technical support.
- Work independently to provide service with strong focus on minimizing customer down time and managing travel costs and operating expenses associated with field service visits.
- Provide on-site Service which includes, but is not limited to, Investigating and resolving technical problems on the mechanical, and electrical components of Decanters, High Speed Separators and Plate Heat Exchangers
- Install, configure, modify, overhaul, fault diagnose, and repair company products, equipment and systems purchased by customers.
- Performs trial test runs when work is completed to insure performance rates and quality meet established specifications.
- Document the equipment serviced, parts used, travel/site hours, and expenses to support customer invoicing.
- Advise operators and maintenance personnel of operating procedures for working safely around our equipment.
- Assist customer maintenance personnel with technical and procedural troubleshooting techniques.
- Assist and train customer maintenance and supervisory personnel on how to operate our equipment and perform maintenance tasks.
- Proactively visit customers (when not on service calls) to develop new customer relationships as well as maintaining great current relations with existing customers
- Review upcoming service visits and specific customer requests to ensure excellent customer service and customer experience
- Proactively recommend replacement parts, critical stock parts and system upgrades, service and reliability related site visits via phone and/or in person.
- Prepare customer service report after each service visit to effectively communicate findings, work performed, recommendations and suggested replacement or spare parts.
- Manage travel arrangements and expenses.
- Travel approx. 50 % (passport required).
- Provide a daily report of activity to the Field Service Manager when on a job and when working from the home office
- Provide First class customer service (from start to end of a job).
- Work as per our ISO9001, QHSE requirements
- Platform / Offshore work required.
- Education (degree or years) and/or Certification/Registration:
- Technical diploma with mechanical or electrical focus or technical / vocational training, Journeyman status in mechanical or electrical with mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Experience in lieu of education: Minimum of five to ten years industrial experience with mechanical or electrical focus or demonstrated work related mechanical and or electrical proficiency.
- 3-5 years min. experience with heat exchangers and / or separation equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience and knowledge of heat transfer systems, separation equipment.
- Possess a broad based, hands on knowledge and experience with various types of mechanical equipment in order to provide technical guidance and trouble-shooting solutions to customers.
- Ability to listen to customer needs and develop action plans to satisfy their needs.
- Possess a solid understanding of maintenance work processes
- General knowledge of vibration analysis.
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong customer relationship building abilities with excellent influencing, persuading and negotiating skills.
- High energy with high level of self-initiative and strong sense of urgency.
- High integrity.
- Computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office).
- Ability to use measuring devices (multi-meter, temperature, pressure, airflow, Etc.…).
- Ability to read electrical schematics, piping and instrumentation diagrams (PID).
- Ability to troubleshoot & solve technical problems and work independently.
- Safety training, stay current with Annual, Monthly, Bi-Annually required training for immediate job site access
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at Sarah.Fell@ianmartin.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 12 May 2021, 12:31 PM