- Job no: J34JX
- Categories: Skilled Trades
- Visalia, California
- 2 positions for Day Shift (7:00am - 7:00pm) Monday-Friday
- 2 positions for 2nd Shift (7:00pm-7:00am) Monday-Friday
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K w/ up to 4% Company Match
- Vacation Pay, Sick Pay, Holiday Pay, Birthday Pay
- Temporary Pandemic Pay Increase for Essential Roles
- Overtime paid out (x1.5) after 8 hours/ DAILY
- Up to $2/hr Production Bonus if goals are met within the team
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a leading manufacturer and packager of private label and co-manufactured pet food and pet snack products.
We are hiring multiple positions for the first and second shifts within this state-of-the-art manufacturing facility. As their new Sanitation Technician, you would be responsible for keeping the production and warehouse areas completely clean, sanitized, and in an orderly condition.
- Maintenance of production, warehouse, and lab areas by performing standard tasks such as: sweeping and mopping floors, and cleaning equipment.
- Empties trash from the plant.
- Performs basic machine repair within the scope of job duty.
- Completes documentation related to cleaning and sanitation of equipment.
- Perform daily scheduled sanitation tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Use specialized equipment to clean equipment and surfaces to food grade standard.
- Notify management concerning the need for major or minor repairs.
- Complete appropriate documentation related to cleaning.
- Be a trained backup for other areas of plant production as designated vacation relief.
- Performs basic machine repairs and tasks while following food safety standards and SOPs.
- Adhere to HAACP guidelines, SQF, and/or Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), following all sanitation processes and procedures.
- Use touch screen computer to operate manufacturing equipment.
- Report any food safety issue observed to Manager or Supervisor.
- Report any security breaches, attempts at product tampering or contamination, or other suspicious behavior observed to Manager or Supervisor.
- Complete and comply with the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS), Daily Routine List (DRL), HACCP procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Compliance.
- Maintain a food-safe sanitary environment at all times.
- Complete records/quality checks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Follow Company’s quality assurance procedures and protocols at all times while on duty (eg. Labeling of containers, Inventory Control, PM programs).
- Promote a positive proactive environment where input from team members is valued and encouraged.
- Provide back-up support for other roles, as necessary.
- Available for overtime work on a scheduled or call-in basis, as necessary.
- A high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Forklift certification is preferred.
- Zero to two (0-2) years related experience and/or training.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 31 Mar 2021, 10:54 PM