- Job no: G7AYN
- Categories: Skilled Trades
- Scarborough, On
- Contract (18 – 24 months)
- Construction/Industrial Equipment Background ideal
- Cross Belt/Conveyors/Sorters experience an asset
Ian Martin Workforce is working with an Industrial Engineering group that designs and supplies machines, process equipment, and production lines for the world’s largest industries.
The Project Manager is responsible to plan, organize, direct, control installation, commissioning and construction from start to finish according to schedule, specifications, and budget; for all aspects of work and will be regarded as a leader and be expected to provide strong mentorship to the project site team and contractors.
- Provide guidance to Contractors/Sub Contractors/Site Managers and be responsible for the smooth functioning of day-to-day operations, developing and implementing agreed-upon construction project plans, schedules and ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Manage, oversee installation, and commissioning of Industrial Equipment and Project Management
- Assess and report Major and minor flaws
- Responsible for machinery positioning
- Develop detailed project schedules with milestones. Continuously monitors progress and updates project schedule and compare to baseline.
- Ensure Contractors/Sub Contractors/Site Managers are maintaining, quality of workmanship that meets or exceeds identified standards.
- Responsible for ensuring project schedules are accurate and submitted on time.
- Acts as a liaison between Construction sites and Project Directors and ensures all activities meet scheduled deadlines;
- Conducts periodic on-site inspections to ensure construction activities are meeting standards and schedule and provides recommendations for improvements when required.
- Supervise the team and maintain effective communication
- Assess and report Major and Minor flaws
Skills Needed to be successful
- 7+ years of project management experience with proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- PMP Certification (PMI) or in the process of obtaining certification is an asset
- Construction/Industrial Equipment background preferred
- Experience in Sorters or Cross Belt or Conveyors or Sorting Facility ideal
- Good knowledge of MS Project, MS Office Suite
- Possess good knowledge and technical background in site safety and regulations
- Must have handled Multi-million-dollar projects
- Previous experience in Site management and supervision as an asset
- Builds manage and maintain a high-performance team through effective coaching, and development.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed communication skills: listening, verbal, written, and graphic
- Team collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated thoroughness and attention to detail, while also possessing a high-level strategic perspective
- Ability to work on multiple projects, prioritizing and meeting tight deadlines
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 31 Mar 2021, 2:14 PM