- Job no: FRNCT
- Categories: Skilled Trades, Construction
- Hamilton, ON
- $21 per hour
- 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM
- Until May 15th
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with a company that is setting up a Field Hospital that will have 100-beds available in anticipation of the 3rd wave of COVID that is expected. This build is expected to take 30-days to complete and could work up to 7-days a week, not exceeding 60 hours in a workweek.
You will be taking direction from the Site Foreman and other Lead Hands, moving building materials, using basic hand tools, working outdoors. This is a great job for anyone that is missing the gym and wants to be active!
Why this is the right job for you…
- You're able to start immediately and work until May 15th, maintaining a consistent schedule.
- Have Steel Toed Work Boots (work gloves, hard hat and high visibility vest would be an asset)
- Comfortable working outdoors for an extended period of time
- Reliable and flexible, willing to learn new skills and help others complete tasks
- Strong communication skills
- Able to be active throughout the entire shift and lift up to 50 lbs repetitively unassisted
- Able to remain calm under pressure and keep the focus on the task at hand
- Committed to working safely and will report anything that seems out of place to help prevent workplace injuries
- All-Terrain Forklift (Class 7 / Zoom Boom) an asset
- Counterbalance Forklift (Class 4) an asset
- First Aid/CPR an asset
- Monday to Thursday
- Friday to Sunday
- Monday to Friday
- Saturday and Sunday
All Shifts are 10 hours, less :30 mins for un-paid lunch
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
7-day a week job site, 10-hr shifts. Eligible to work up to 60 hours per 7-day work week.