- Job no: F6TX3
- Categories: Skilled Trades, Health & Safety
Health & Safety Coordinator
- Scarborough, Ontario
- Permanent, Annual Salary
- Fire Safety Technician Certification Required
- Fully Company Paid Benefits, Pension Plan
- Secure and Stable Work Environment
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with a well-established company that has been a pioneer in waxes for the past 70 years. They have an extensive list of products and applications – anything from cosmetics to building and construction materials
As our new Health and Safety Coordinator, you will be working with a fairly complex fire suppression system and working under the Environmental Health and Safety Manager. This would be an ideal role for someone with service experience and looking to transition their role, or for someone that has their certifications and ready to put them to use.
What you will be doing…
- Working in a heavy industrial environment that includes a refinery
- Overseeing the foam fire suppression system for routine maintenance, checks, and troubleshooting
- Serve as a subject matter source for questions regarding workplace conditions and compliance with regulatory safety requirements and the company’s safety rules
- Ensure unsafe acts, conditions or non-compliance issues are addressed
- Keep management and supervisors aware of problem areas
- Conduct, document, and follow-up on incident investigations
- Paperwork including Hot Work permits
- Providing safety training to employees and coaching to improve behaviour
- Administer health and safety programs policies
- Maintain safety records and documentation
Why this is the right job for you…
- Experience working in an industrial environment
- Fire Safety Technician Certification (required)
- College diploma or certificate in Occupational Health & Safety (preferred)
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to influence others to follow safety rules and regulations
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong emergency response skills
- Highly motivated with service and team-oriented mindset with an attention to detail.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at Jebas.Christadoss@ianmartin.com or call (647) 956 0331.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Annual Salary plus Benefits and Pension Plan.
- Published on 17 Mar 2021, 6:23 PM