- Job no: EJY9F
- Categories: Skilled Trades, Manufacturing
- Mississauga, ON
- $16.50 per hour
- Monday to Thursday, 4 PM to 1 AM, Friday 3 PM to 11 PM
- Contract leading to Permanent Position
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with an elevator manufacture that provides customized solutions to their clients. You will be provided with kits to assemble smaller fixtures that will be used for the custom production of elevators.
What you will be doing...
- Correctly identify buttons and components and accurately interpret assembly drawings
- Assemble products within a specified period of time
- Utilize manual hand and power tools efficiently
- Effectively inspect assemblies visually and with designated measuring devices
- Production rework assembly as needed
- Identify non-conformances issues and report them to supervisor
- Complete shop records accurately
- Communicates well with colleagues and team leader
- Handle medium-to-heavy materials intermittently
Why this is the right job for you…
- You're looking to get in with a company that will offer you on the job training with room for advancement
- Experience in manufacturing or related field is preferred.
- Basic shop skills, such as using hand tools.
- Detail-oriented with strong communication skills
- Ability to read, understand and follow instructions
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Comfortable asking questions to get clarification when needed
- Able to lift between 15 and 50 lbs
- Able to complete training on Day shift and then transfer to Afternoons after approximately 3 weeks or so
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Afternoons, $16.50 per hour. 44 hours per week. Monday to Friday. Contract leading to Permanent position.
- Published on 30 Mar 2021, 4:31 PM