- Job no: DCFCK
- Categories: Skilled Trades
- Visalia, California
- 2nd Shift (7:00pm-7:00am) Monday-Friday
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K w/ up to 4% Company Match
- Vacation Pay, Sick Pay, Holiday Pay, Birthday Pay
- Temporary Pandemic Pay Increase for Essential Roles
- Up to $2/hr Production Bonus if goals are met within the team
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a leading manufacturer and packager of private label and co-manufactured pet food and pet snack products.
We are starting a second shift within this state-of-the-art manufacturing facility. We are looking to hire a Forklift Operator that will be responsible for loading and unloading product off of trucks, around the facility, and bringing materials/ ingredients to the operators on the production floor.
- Inspect and assess quality to ensure standards are met for all products received into the warehouse.
- Reject non-conforming product.
- Complete and maintain quality inventory and preventative maintenance documentation.
- Must maintain warehouse in an organized and clean manner to ensure safety and good manufacturing processes.
- Use scanning equipment to ensure accurate tracking of inventory within the facility.
- Count packaging materials as requested by manager/supervisor.
- Work as a team with forklift operators to prevent line stoppages and improve operations.
- Maintain work area in an organized and clean manner ensuring safety and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Help meet or exceed performance goals, including pallets/labor hours, line loading, and truck turn time.
- Interact with production, warehouse, quality control, and maintenance personnel to maximize output and efficiency.
- Perform manual labor.
- Report any food safety issues observed to the manager/supervisor.
- Report any plant security breaches, attempts at product tampering or contamination, or other suspicious behavior observed to the manager/supervisor.
- Maintain a food-safe sanitary environment at all times.
- Complete records/quality checks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Conduct hourly quality checks and inspect full goods and pallets or other raw materials, as necessary.
- Escalate any non-conforming product/equipment/material to the appropriate manager/supervisor immediately.
- Follow Company’s quality assurance procedures and protocols at all times while on duty (eg. Labeling of containers, Inventory Control, PM programs).
- Promote a positive proactive environment where input from team members is valued and encouraged.
- Provide back-up support for other roles as necessary.
- Available for overtime work on a scheduled or call-in basis as necessary.
- A high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- General warehouse experience (e.g. shipping and receiving of goods).
- Two (2) years of experience in a fast-paced warehouse environment with a solid safety record preferred.
- Exposure to manufacturing desired; experience in the food or beverage industry with knowledge of GMPs preferred.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 31 Mar 2021, 10:03 PM