- Job no: D688X
- Categories: Skilled Trades
- Visalia, California
- 2nd Shift (7:00pm-7:00am) Monday-Friday
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K w/ up to 4% Company Match
- Vacation Pay, Sick Pay, Holiday Pay, Birthday Pay
- Temporary Pandemic Pay Increase for Essential Roles
- Overtime paid out (x1.5) after 8 hours/ DAILY
- Up to $2/hr Production Bonus if goals are met within the team
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a leading manufacturer and packager of private label and co-manufactured pet food and pet snack products.
We are starting a second shift within this state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and will be hiring a Packaging Lead who is responsible for the operation and preventative maintenance of the packaging line as well as the training and accountability of the operator working on their line
- Responsible for ensuring all quality requirements are completed and production goals are met during the shift.
- Verify operation/performance of packaging line metal detectors and document results.
- Take action for any deviations from Critical Control Limits, as required by company procedures.
- Verifying the equipment is set up for proper coding of the packaging and labeling machine.
- Supplies machine with necessary materials, maintaining the quality of machine output.
- Responsible for housekeeping of the packaging machine and plant area (e.g. sweeping the floor, removing trash, cleaning the machine at the end of the shift, preparing for the next shift’s production, and finalizing any paperwork in an accurate, clear, and concise manner).
- Operate packing equipment using several touch screen computers.
- Legibly date code product.
- Monitor products and packages for quality control.
- Report any food safety issue observed to manager/supervisor.
- Report any security breaches, attempts at product tampering or contamination, or other suspicious behavior observed to manager/supervisor.
- Deliver daily objectives determined by plant management.
- Complete and comply with the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS), Daily Routine List (DRL), HACCP procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Compliance.
- Maintain a food-safe sanitary environment at all times.
- Complete records/quality checks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Escalate any non-conforming product/equipment/material to the appropriate manager/supervisor immediately.
- Follow Company’s quality assurance procedures and protocols at all times while on duty (eg. Labeling of containers, Inventory Control, PM programs).
- Promote a positive proactive environment where input from team members is valued and encouraged.
- Communicate with other employees in the packaging department in a proactive and professional manner.
- Maintain standards as they apply to package equipment (e.g. quality, finished products, and machine operations).
- Relieve operators for meal periods and breaks.
- Train/Mentor new employees in the department with direction from the manager/supervisor.
- Provide back-up support for other roles as necessary.
- Available for overtime work on a scheduled or call-in basis, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager/supervisor.
- A high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to communicate in English effectively verbally and in written form.
- Previous “hands-on” machine operating experience.
- Experience operating high-speed packing equipment is desired.
- Three to five (3-5) years related experience in a manufacturing environment; increasing levels of responsibility preferred.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 31 Mar 2021, 11:17 PM