- Job no: C94MH
- Categories: Skilled Trades, Manufacturing
- Syracuse, NY
- $15+ per hour
- Days or Afternoon Shift
- Contract to Permanent position after 90 Days
- On-the-job Training & Opportunity for Advancement
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with the largest provider of thermal processing services, as a General Laborer you will be loading and unloading parts from different machines.
You will be…
- Prepares work for processing including cleaning, painting, wiring, fixturing, etc.
- Loads and unloads furnaces, bins, fixtures, baskets, etc.
- Stacks/loads parts in customer bins or containers.
- Immediately brings any unusual problem, irregularity or concern to Heat Treater, Foreman/Lead Person or management.
- Following the correct procedures and process for that department
- Fill out paperwork and details of the operation on-a daily basis.
- Maintain a safe work environment and have excellent communication with co-workers.
- Participate in department meetings and contribute to the agenda of continual improvement.
Why this is the right job for you…
- Strong desire to learn on the job and wants a future within an organization that promotes from within
- Enjoy working with your hands and being active
- Motivated and willing to learn new skills
- Able to take direction and feedback on how to improve skills
- Committed to maintaining a safe work environment and looking out for co-workers
- High attention to detail and takes pride in work being done
- Previous relevant experience preferred but not required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong attendance record and commitment to supporting your team
- Steel Toed Safety Footwear required; all other PPE will be provided.
- Comfortable working in an industrial environment is essential.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com or call (281) 946 4601.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hourly Rate starting at $15 per hour; Contract to Perm position, Hands-on Training, Opportunity for Advancement. 1st and 2nd Shift. Accessible by Public Transit.
- Published on 01 Apr 2021, 8:29 PM