- Job no: BYE88
- Categories: Skilled Trades, Heavy Industrial
Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Hamilton, ON
- $37.75 per hour - OT Available
- 8-hr Shifts, 2-week rotation Days to Afternoons
- Certification of Qualification Required 421A
- Permanent, Full-Time, Essential Service
- Benefits after 90 days, RRSP Program after 6 months
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with a company that are experts in recycling metal and they are looking to grow their team with people that value hard work, trust, integrity and doing the job right.
As their new Heavy Duty Mechanic, you will join a robust and safety-oriented team and will be counted on for the repair of equipment in a safe, environmentally friendly, and efficient manner to ensure optimal equipment is available for their diverse fleets. This role is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to advance their troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
You will be doing …
- Performing all aspects of troubleshooting, repairs and maintenance needed for a diverse fleet, covering all tasks including routine maintenance, large-scale overhauls and troubleshooting.
- Participating actively in a timely manner in all related tasks such as completing service reports, reporting on additional repairs required, customer service and follow-up, etc.
- Ensuring that workplace health and safety standards are always met
- Working safely both independently and as a team member in a fast-paced environment where assigned tasks may change on short notice;
- Working in the shop and outside in all four seasons
- Continuing to develop your skills and abilities as a mechanic
Why this is the right job for you…
- Certification of Qualification: 421A
- Demonstrated experience working with heavy machinery including CAT
- Experience with Mobile Cranes preferred
- Solid, proven technical skill set along with pride in good workmanship
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge with others
- Valid drivers’ license with a clean abstract
- Clear Criminal Background
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
$37.75 per hour. 2-week shift rotation from Days to Afternoons. Benefits after 3 months, RRSPs after 6 months.
- Published on 20 Apr 2021, 12:26 PM