- Job no: BRBXX
- Categories: Skilled Trades, Transportation
- Cambridge, Ontario
- Day Shift - 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM
- Monday to Saturday
- $26.72 per hour
- Full-time permanent position
- AZ and DZ licensed drivers needed
Ian Martin Workforce is working alongside a century old company that has been supplying cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt and building materials to markets throughout North America.
With a reputation for being a great place to work and having established business in Canada and the U.S. You can’t get anything more concrete than that! As a Ready Mix Driver you will deliver concrete to job sites following safety and operational guidelines; check concrete for quality and size according to ticket; and maintain courteous customer relations.
What you will be doing...
- Deliver concrete to the customer in a timely manner
- Maintain vehicle in a clean, organized, and safe fashion
- Minor roadside repairs
- Inspect mix, slump and verify load sized
- Work with customer to achieve maximum customer service
- Work closely with dispatch to ensure quickest and safest routes to jobs
- Assemble concrete chutes and operate chute controls during the pour
- Observe all safety precautions and rules specified by federal, state, and Company regulations including but not limited to: wearing property safety gear and attending safety meetings, perform pre-trip inspections, complete vehicle inspection reports, and report unsafe conditions and accidents
Why this is the right job for you..
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- Valid Commercial Driver's License Class AZ, DZ, Class 1 or Class 3
- Proficient reading, writing, and math skills
- Minimum of one-year vehicle on-road experience operating multi-speed transmission of a Commercial Vehicle
- Good driving record
- Valid medical card
- Concrete knowledge and experience preferred
- Mechanical background or skills preferred
- Be available to work six days a week (Monday-Saturday) and occasionally on Sunday.
- Must be able to drive a maximum of eleven hours per day and work up to 14 hours per day as regulated by the Department of Transportation.
- Solid attendance and punctuality history
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to lift and assemble concrete chutes weighing 60 lbs.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at Jebas.Christadoss@ianmartin.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 31 Mar 2021, 7:56 PM