- Job no: AX96G
- Categories: Skilled Trades
Field Service technician
- Vancouver, British Columbia
- $30-$35/ hour depending on experience and certificates
- Shift Timing ( 9:00am- 5:00pm) Monday-Friday. NO WEEKENDS!!!
- Medical/ Dental benefits, RRSP matching, Paid Vacation
- Work Truck, Gas, Cell Phone, Laptop provided
Ian Martin Workforce is working in conjunction with one of the Global Leaders in professional cleaning solutions & services, with a large portfolio of commercial vacuums, industrial vacuums, floor cleaning machines, and pressure washers.
We are looking to hire a Field Technician that will service clientele and customers within the Vancouver market. You will travel to client sites and will provide troubleshooting and repairing of technical/mechanical equipment failures.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Travel from home each morning to client sites that are scheduled in your calendar
- You will communicate and coordinate with clients throughout the day to confirm your availability
- Troubleshooting and repair of commercial and industrial floor cleaning equipment either in the branch shop or on location at a customer site.
- Completion of all required reporting of service work performed, timesheets, and other reports as set forth by the Branch Supervisor.
- Ensure all training and certifications required for the position are maintained in an up-to-date
- Ensuring spare parts stock level in the truck/ van is kept at specified levels
- Read and interpret documents such as safety regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of the organization.
Education and Qualifications:
- Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; 5 years relevant experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years of experience in a prior Service Technician role
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Demonstrated levels of product knowledge, preferably obtained through hands-on experience.
- Demonstrated mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic system troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Must have the ability to read, understand, and follow electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Must possess an understanding of internal combustion engines.
- Must have the ability to use a variety of basic electrical testing / diagnostic equipment, and have a thorough understanding of AC and DC electrical theory.
- Valid Drivers License with clean drivers abstract
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at Sarah.Fell@ianmartin.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 12 May 2021, 6:15 PM