- Job no: AFQPY
- Category: Engineering, Consulting Engineers
Civil Technologist (Hybrid role)
- North Vancouver, BC
- Full-time permanent
- Competitive Salary + Benefits + Bonus
- Experience in ‘Land Development’ and/or ‘Capital Works’ a MUST
Ian Martin Workforce is working alongside a reputable civil engineering and land development consulting engineering firm that has been in business for over 45 years providing a wide range of land development, civil engineering, and municipal engineering services.
We are looking to engage a highly motivated Civil Engineering Technologist/Designer, who has an understanding and significant office and field experience in Land Development and/ or Capital Works.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Civil engineering design and drafting, with direct supervision from engineers, including:
- Preparation of storm, sanitary and watermain drawings including key plans, profiles, and details,
- Preparation of roadworks drawings including plan, profiles, typical sections, cross-sections,
- Preparation of preliminary servicing concept and rezoning plans,
- Preparation of storm-water management plans and calculations, and erosion and sediment control plans,
- Preparation of Detailed design drawings to support Subdivision and Building Permit Applications,
- Communication with clients, contractors, and regulatory agencies, via phone and e-mail,
- Contract administration experience an asset,
- Field Inspection experience in land development and/or capital works,
- Coordination with Subconsultants, and
- Coordination of shallow utilities such as BC Hydro, etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Municipal and Land Development experience a MUST
- AScT Designation an asset
- Lower Mainland experience an asset
- Experience in Civil Engineering Design and Drafting
- Experience in Civil Engineering Field Inspection
- Complete proficiency with Civil 3D software
- The ability to contribute to a team environment
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects
- High degree of integrity and honesty
- Works with enthusiasm and dedication
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text 647 207 6269
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 27 Jun 2022, 2:29 PM