- Job no: A79E3
- Categories: Skilled Trades
2nd Class Engineer
- Portage la Prairie, MB
- $46/ hour
- 2 days (7am-7pm) 2 days (7pm-7am) and then 4 days off
- $2 shift premium for night shift
- 100% Medical and Dental Benefits
- 3 weeks vacation to start, Paid Sick Leave, and personal days
- Relocation assistance
- Overtime after 8/hours day or 40/ hours week
Ian Martin Workforce is working alongside a global leader in plant-based ingredients for the pharma, food, and healthcare industries. They are in the beginning stages of pre-commissioning the newest state-of-the-art facility in Portage La Prairie. As their newest 2nd Class Engineer, responsible for the operation and maintenance of the following systems: steam, refrigeration, compressed air, plant water, domestic water, fire suppression, and Natural gas.
We are looking for individuals who want to relocate to the Portage la Prairie area where the housing market is inexpensive, and the community is rapidly growing. If you have been looking for a small-town feel and wanted to step away from the busy city life, then this opportunity should not be missed.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Employees shall always ensure the safe operation of the plant.
- Employee shall always conduct self in a professional and safe manner.
- Assist with the isolation of equipment for service, repairs etc.
- Assist in the development of energy control procedures and safe work practices.
- Employees shall participate in investigation and education programs on hazard assessment and risk migration.
- Employees shall participate in safety meetings and toolbox talks, also sharing relevant information to make co-workers more safety aware.
- Employees shall partake inadequate training to safely perform their duties
- Adherence/compliance to SOP, Roquette Safety Expectations, safe work practices, and risk mitigation tools
- Abide by all safety procedures, company policy and procedure, Government Acts and regulations, as it related to the operation of the department being in compliance with the Office of the Fire Commissioner.
- Maintain and operate High-pressure Boilers within design specification of Temperature and Pressure.
- Maintain proper pH, alkalinity, TDS and dissolve oxygen in Boiler and Feedwater
- Maintain an accurate logbook of all activities, and log sheets analyzing data and taking corrective actions
- Monitor Air compressor, Air Dryer, and Air intake system for the Utilities Department.
- Maintain and operate Refrigeration system efficiently and effectively within manufactures specifications.
- Execute efficiently and safely start-up and shut off all utility’s equipment (Boilers, Chillers, Dry Cooling Towers, Air Compressor, Air Dyers)
- Ensures safe and efficient operation of the Boiler, Refrigeration system, Compress Air systems, pumps, and all ancillary equipment.
- Maintain accurate glycol logs for chill system and Dry Cooling Tower
- Check and maintain accurate inventories for all Utilities replenishable including but not limited to Chemicals, Reagents, and testing equipment.
- Perform daily safety checks of covered equipment under the boiler and pressure vessel act
- Prepare standard operating Procedure.
- Monitor, start-up, shut down Plant equipment from DCS
- Conducts inspection on the fire sprinkler system as required.
- Maintain and operate potable water production and wastewater treatment Plant
- Maintain and operate water treatment plant within defined limits
- Participate in training of New Hires
- Participate in the issuance of Confined Space Entry Permits and Lockout Tag out (lotto) as required
- Performs assigned responsibilities during plant evacuations due to fire and gas.
- The individual in this position will be required to fully understand the principle and operation of the Boiler/Refrigeration/potable water production/wastewater monitoring system and have the ability to make decisions based on sound judgment when a situation dictates.
- Responsible for informing Utility Supervisor, potential issues related to the Boilers, the Refrigeration unit, and potable water unit.
- Accountable for troubleshooting Boiler failures/Water production/Wastewater compliance, determining workaround, and reporting deficiencies, problems to the Head of Production.
- Maintains work area in a clean and functional condition.
- Participation in training activities appropriate to the position and incorporates acquired skills and knowledge.
- Work with Maintenance, Engineering, and other departments on issues.
- Responsible to take action / adjust variables to meet quality and productivity standards
- Responsible for product meeting defined quality standards for operations.
- Ensure compliance with all HACCP procedures – Food grade water, steam, and refrigerated fluid in chiller
Education: Must hold a valid Class 2 Power Engineer license; Chemistry background
- 5 – 7 years experience working in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Experience in operating large Utility facilities (power distribution, steam generation, vacuum systems, compressed air systems, water distribution systems, Fire Protection System, and Refrigeration system with Glycol as Secondary Refrigerant)
- In-depth knowledge and experience in troubleshooting is required
- Control room experience – monitor complex processes and coordinate critical activities.
- Maintenance experience – prioritize assets maintenance to ensure plant reliability.
- Must be able to work under extreme conditions, such as hot, wet, and cold environments, Noise, inside and outside of the Plant.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, catwalks, and able to work at heights and inside confined spaces.
- Must be able to use personal protective equipment, such as respirators, SCBA, and safety harnesses.
- Published on 07 Apr 2021, 3:28 PM