Business Development - Commercial HVAC Sales
- Mississauga, ON
- Competitive Base Salary+ Commission +Benefits
- Full-time Permanent
- Business hours (8:00am - 5:00pm)
- Professional Mechanical Engineer or CET preferred
- HVAC Commercial Sales a MUST
- Top Tier Engineering and Contractor Accounts available immediately
- Opportunity to build and grow your own business accounts
Ian Martin Workforce is working with well-established heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) company that works across Ontario with engineers, building owners, mechanical and sheet metal contractors in both commercial and industrial settings. You will be required to deliver HVAC solutions to customers within the GTA territory, with a diverse line-up of world-class products.
In your role as Engineering & Mechanical Equipment Sales, you will bring forth an element of engineering sales and project management. You will be working closely with consulting engineers on equipment selections & specifications, discuss new innovations within the market and provide design & application support to design-build contractors specific to the customer's needs.
Developing strong relationships with contractors will also be key to your success!!!
Daily Responsibilities include:
- Visit existing customers to maintain and deepen relationships
- Educate engineers and contractors about the product line
- Identify sales opportunities with existing customers by demonstrating the unique advantages of our products
- Support design-build contractors by providing design and application support
- Work independently and/or with our inside sales team to create equipment quotations for jobs
- Oversee customer projects from product selection through quotation to installation to ensure customers’ complete satisfaction
- Identify and proactively pursue opportunities for business with new customers
Qualifications include but not limited to:
- EIT or Professional Engineer registered with PEO.
- Experience in the construction industry as a consulting engineer or other related function (i.e. engineering sales, contracting)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Must be comfortable doing technical presentations to engineering groups.
- Business development & management skills
- Conscientious and diligent
- Able to work well independently and within a team environment across multiple office locations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Here’s what else you’ll enjoy:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Depending on the experience you’ll earn a base salary. Upon meeting an annual sales profit minimum, you’ll earn a 30% commission on the gross profit of sales (uncapped). Successful sales representatives can expect total on-target earnings over $100,000/year.
- Mileage covered and monthly phone allowance.
- Vacation time negotiable depending on experience.
- Christmas & New Year holiday closure
- Company-sponsored professional affiliations (PEO, OACETT, CPSA, ASHRAE, etc.)
- Training opportunities at manufacturers’ facilities across Canada and the USA
- The opportunity to work with first-in-class products in the HVAC industry.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades or Engineering professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.