- Job no: 99B9G
- Categories: Skilled Trades, Manufacturing
Extrusion Machine Operator
- Minnetonka, Minnesota
- Days or Nights, 4 to 4
- $17.50 per hour plus Shift Premiums
- 1 Year Contract Starting ASAP
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with one of the largest private water providers in the world that commits to shaping a sustainable environment and preserving the fundamental elements like water, soil, and air.
As their new Extrusion Machine Operator, you will operate, troubleshoot, repair, and perform minor maintenance of the extrusion equipment that processes polypropylene pellets into log form. You will understand both the product construction and the machine operation to maximize yields and machine uptime.
You will be doing….
- Observe all Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) rules, including housekeeping practices
- Participate in EHS meetings, investigations, and audits
- Proactively communicate and address safety concerns
- Set-up and monitor machine operations according to standard operating instructions
- Understand department safety, quality and regulatory requirements, and production goals; actively engage in meeting these goals
- Inspect raw materials and products to ensure there are no visual defects; take corrective action as needed
- Perform checks to ensure accuracy per product specifications, ensure overall product quality, and tracks in manual logs or computer system to capture deviations and quality traceability data
- Perform material disposition on all work-in-processes (WIP) parts as assigned
- Perform advanced machine adjustments to ensure that proper construction specifications are being met
- Interrupt machine operation as necessary to correct operating problems
- Minimize the production of products that do not meet specifications by quickly acting and using investigative, troubleshooting, and mechanical skills
- Accurately measure work in process (WIP) and finished goods in inches or centimetres
- Communicate technical issues in a timely manner to all levels
- Assist in training of other operators
- Assist with failure and perform regular minor preventive maintenance
- Perform troubleshooting to solve equipment malfunction
- Perform complete setup, adjustments, startup, and shutdown of all equipment in the area
Why this is the right job for you…
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a machine operator, maintenance technician, or military service in a technical background OR an associate degree in a related field
- High School Diploma/GED
- Ability and willingness to wear personal protective equipment (safety glasses, gloves, earplugs, and safety shoes) as required
- Willingness to work in a tobacco-free environment
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Experience participating in the development of work instructions and operating guides
- Experience working with Excel and SAP (preferred)
- Lean manufacturing experience (preferred)
- Ability and willingness to work a rotating schedule that includes every other weekend coverage, as required
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (281) 946 4595.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hourly Rate. 12-hr Shifts on Rotating Schedule. Days or Nights, 4 to 4.
Base Rate: $17.50/hr + $2 12-hour Shift Premium + $1 Night Shift Premium
- Published on 06 Apr 2021, 7:59 PM