- Job no: 8Y8TM
- Categories: Skilled Trades
- Visalia, California
- 2 positions available (7:00pm-7:00am) Monday-Friday
- 1 position available (2:00pm - 10:30pm) Monday-Friday
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K w/ up to 4% Company Match
- Vacation Pay, Sick Pay, Holiday Pay, Birthday Pay
- Temporary Pandemic Pay Increase for Essential Roles
- Overtime paid out (1.5) after 8 hours/ DAILY
- Up to $2/hr Production Bonus if goals are met within the team
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a leading manufacturer and packager of private label and co-manufactured pet food and pet snack products.
We are starting a second shift within this state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and will be hiring multiple positions for the Maintenance Technician. You will be responsible for maximizing the uptime, process improvements, and troubleshooting and maintaining plant processing equipment.
- Performs maintenance in all areas of the plant on a scheduled or emergency basis as directed by work orders and/or direction from supervisor and Shift Lead:
- Mechanical/Electrical Repairs for processing equipment standard to the Food Processing Industry
- Mechanical Transfer Systems
- Pneumatic Transfer Systems (Dense Phase / Dilute Phase)
- Ingredient Batching/Scaling Systems
- Dry Ingredient Milling
- Meat Slurry Production/Distribution Systems
- Extrusion System
- Drying Systems
- Atmospheric Liquid Coating Systems
- Pneumatic Reclaim Systems
- Dry Kibble Bin Storage and Distribution Systems
- Automated Packaging Equipment
- Automated Palletizing Equipment
- Programmable Logic Control (PLC) Communication and Automation Systems
- Facilities Maintenance
- Air Handling Systems
- HVAC Systems
- Building Security
- Plant Utility Systems
- Compressed Air Systems
- Steam Generation Systems; Fire Tube Boiler
- Power Distribution Systems
- Working Knowledge of Common Industrial Components
- Respond to unscheduled/emergency work orders in an expedient and urgent manner.
- Conduct root cause of equipment failure and develop a course of action to prevent future failures with direction from management.
- Receive direction from Maintenance Lead, Supervisor, and/or Maintenance Manager.
- Complete assigned work by Maintenance Lead, Supervisor, and/or Maintenance Manager.
- Document work completed in Maintenance CMMS System
- Communicate directly with Production Department to coordinate maintenance and repair work.
- Help develop and implement the plant preventative maintenance program.
- Troubleshoot issues with a structured approach to minimize production impact
- Communicate repair steps to production to increase working knowledge of the operator
- Know and understand the city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to maintenance and plant equipment; works in a manner to ensure that these regulations are met.
- Participates in safety, health, and environmental programs.
- Housekeeping duties include sweeping, cleaning, and sanitizing both work areas throughout the plant and maintenance shop area, as necessary.
- Report any food safety issue observed to Manager or Supervisor.
- Report any security breaches, attempts at product tampering or contamination, or other suspicious behavior observed to Manager or Supervisor.
- Works with contractors and assists with new installations and other projects, as necessary.
- Complete and comply with the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS), Daily Routine List (DRL), HACCP procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Compliance.
- Maintain a food-safe sanitary environment at all times.
- Complete records/quality checks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Escalate any non-conforming product/equipment/material to the appropriate manager/supervisor immediately.
- Follow Company’s quality assurance procedures and protocols at all times while on duty (eg. Labeling of containers, Inventory Control, PM programs).
- Promote a positive proactive environment where input from team members is valued and encouraged.
- Available for overtime work on a scheduled or call-in basis, as necessary.
- A high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with industrial dryers, hammer mills, extruders, and bucket elevators preferred.
- Basic electrical knowledge.
- Working knowledge of boilers, PLC programming, and three-phase electrical systems.
- Three to five (3-5) years of industrial maintenance experience.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 31 Mar 2021, 10:28 PM