- Job no: 6QBA4
- Categories: Skilled Trades
- Schomberg, ON
- Full-time permanent
- 4 x 12 hour shift
- Night Shift (Sunday- Thursday) 9:00 pm – 9:00 am
- Millwright or Maintenance technician required.
Ian Martin Workforce is working alongside a reputable food manufacturer that has been in business for over 60 years. The Maintenance Technician will be maximizing operating efficiency, maintenance, and repair of machines and equipment within the production facility. You will be working and maintaining equipment (Boilers, Compressors, Pumps, Packaging Lines, etc.)
- Respond to production requests for immediate attention to production line issues and problems.
- Maintain production and troubleshooting equipment
- Maintain records of preventative maintenance.
- Create requisitions of parts and supplies to maintain equipment.
- Identify problem areas and address with permanent solutions.
- Perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies & procedures.
- All employees are expected to produce products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two years of maintenance experience or more.
- Fundamental understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Ability to make decisions based on standard practices.
- Experience and knowledge of production machinery and equipment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Ability to weld. (TIG, MIG and Stick) (an asset)
- Ability to read and understand schematics, pneumatic, and hydraulic drawings.
- Basic computer skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Millwright 433A or a Maintenance Technician diploma or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- 2 years of food manufacturing experience and/or training or more.
- Ability to constantly stand/walk; bend/flex/extend neck; frequently grip/reach/lift/pull with L/R hands.
- Ability to frequently handle material from floor-to-waist, waist-to-shoulder, and pushing/pulling/carrying.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades or Engineering professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.