- Job no: 4T6RC
- Categories: Skilled Trades
- Saint Catharines, ON
- Monday- Saturday (8:00am - 5:00pm)
- $18.25/ hour
- Students welcome to apply
Are you someone with a strong work ethic and wants to be apart of a hard-working crew? Are you able to take direction and adapt to what the customer wants?
As their new Skilled Labourer, you will enjoy working outdoors, getting your hands dirty, and working as part of a team. You are always committed to working safely and keeping an eye out for your crew too. As you have some experience, you are willing to jump onto different tasks because you like to stay busy and feel a sense of accomplishment when a project is completed.
So what will you be doing?
- Spring, Summer, and Fall lawn maintenance including but not limited to:
- Grass cutting: Operating a John Deere gas-powered walk-behind mower
- Blowers - Gas-powered handheld and backpack blowers for leaves and debris
- Trimming: Gas-powered hedge trimmers
- Gardening: bending, kneeling, weeding of the gardens, trimming bushes, digging out bushes and plants, replanting and creating clean edges on the garden
- Over-seed and fertilize lawns using Gro-max soil add soil to the gardens and Gro-turf soil to top-dress lawns to improve and repair
- Core Aeration of lawns, rolling of lawns
- Sod lay down new sod lawns
- Chainsaw trees and bushes when necessary
- Able to work 8-10 hours per day
- Able to lift up to 50-80 lbs with proper lifting techniques
- Solid skills to measure and cut construction materials to length
- Knowledge of construction materials, equipment, and safe operation
- Reliable transportation, able to get to the job site every day
- Full G License with clean abstract would be an asset
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.