- Job no: 4DQKC
- Categories: Skilled Trades
AZ, DZ, BZ, and G Licensed DRIVERS NEEDED!!!
- Red Lake, Ontario
- Regular schedules (Day Shift)
- Excellent pay package
- Steady year-round work
- Good work life balance, Home every Night!
- Pension Plan, Medical/ Dental and Profit Sharing
Ian Martin Workforce is working alongside a Canadian-owned and operated multi-disciplinary transportation company.
We are looking for Professional Drivers with preferably one year of driving experience that has either their AZ/ DZ/ BZ and G license with have a good abstract, positive work history, and a professional attitude.
Daily Responsibilities Include:
- Provide positive and friendly customer service
- Efficiently pickup and deliver all local freight in the terminal service area
- Safely operate equipment by following all policies and procedures, driving rules and regulations, including pre and post checks on equipment
- Complete all necessary shipping documents to ensure proper freight handling
- Open/Close trailer doors, hook/unhook trailers (cranking dollies), climb in and out of tractor, load and unload freight and drive
- Handles customer freight using small equipment such as forklift, pallet jacks or dollies with care to ensure no over-shorts, lost or damaged freight
- Follows all company policies and procedures
- Supports and practices all Safety & Health initiatives for personal, customers and other terminal employees by following all safety policies and procedures including the incident reporting system
- Perform other duties as required to support terminal operations and fellow drivers
- Valid Class 1 or AZ Driver’s License with air brake endorsement and in good standing.
- Valid DZ or BZ license with strong interpersonal and customer service skills to provide courteous and friendly service each time with all customers and can easily build long-lasting relationships.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- A proven safe work practice at all levels that including handling freight, driving, and personal care.
- Experience with all types of pickup and delivery activities would be considered beneficial.
- Need to have the ability to perform physical requirements of this type of work by lifting to 50-75 lbs. of freight, pushing/pulling up to 50-75 lbs. of freight.
- Cranking trailer dollies (requires approximately up to 50 lbs. of force).
- Periods of sitting required while driving and climbing into and out of truck cab or trailer several times per day.
- Some operations of small equipment including forklift, pallet jacks or dollies.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 07 Apr 2021, 1:29 PM