- Job no: YNGAM
- Categories: Skilled Trades
Our client, one of the largest electrical energy suppliers in Canada, has an immediate need for a two (2) Construction Officers, NERC CIP V7 Project. This is a contract position for one (1) year candidates will be working throughout British Columbia, starting with Lower Mainland, then Islands, and throughout the Province as required.
The Construction Officer will need to be able to carry out the Site Safety Coordinator role for the organization - provide coordination, planning and getting approvals for site visits from contractors. Coordination of site visit timing to align with WSBC and COVID requirements / restrictions
- Inspect construction work which may be on substations, transmission lines, and hydroelectric equipment by using excellent skills in inspection procedures and understanding of construction methods to meet deadlines and comply with building and safety codes.
- Ensure work site safety by prioritizing the safe execution of work and performing Safe Work Observations using excellent knowledge in safety standards and regulations to improve ’s safety performance.
- Conduct or coordinate site testing, surveying, and estimating activities by using good working knowledge of engineering drawings to enable timely progression of projects. The potential working conditions may include adverse weather and working at heights or underground.
- Support contract and/or work order administration by collaborating with contractors and/or internal construction services to ensure that the work, materials, progress, and costs meet expectations so that projects are implemented as planned.
- A minimum four (4) years of construction experience or equivalent (Electrical Background preferred)
- SSC Training required.
- OFA1 with TE or higher first aid ticket a strong preference
- Diploma in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Technology from an Institute of Technology or relevant trades, apprenticeship courses, or equivalent
- Training in contract law
- Excellent working knowledge of safety standards and regulations such as Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Standards and WorkSafe Regulations
- Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
- Drivers License will be required.
- Travel will be required to sites. - Starting with Lower Mainlands, then Islands, interior, some generation sites. Some sites for extended periods of time.
- Accommodations will be provided when away from home.
- Contractor will also be able to work from home for a portion of the job. (Coordination, phone calls, etc.)
- Initially they may be put at Revelstoke and Micah to get up to speed with processes (2 rotations to learn processes).
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 03 Jun 2021, 8:32 PM