- Job no: YD46F
- Categories: Information Technology
Our Client who plays a vital role in Alberta's Energy Industry by ensuring public safety and the environment - and contributing to responsible, efficient, and safe energy development. Has an immediate need for a Project Manager. This is a contract position for six (6) months located in Calgary, Alberta.
The PM collaborates with the enterprise project governance team and builds awareness of project management touchpoints with project governance. The position provides project management (PM) leadership and support in the delivery and execution of regulatory change projects for the branch. On individual projects, the position brings project management expertise to a core team comprised of a Senior Advisor (who leads the overall regulatory change initiative) and a Regulatory Design and Development specialist. The PM manages and ensures the execution of the project management framework and is the lead and expert in PM methodologies, tools and processes, providing project-specific guidance, organization and communication to the project team and project stakeholders.
- Project management - leads the development and implementation of project management methodologies for assigned projects. Provides leadership (without direct authority) within the project and holds the pen on project management tools such as the project charter, change requests and change plans. The PM can hold the pen on communications plans or work with a communications advisor if one is assigned. Works with the project team, the regulatory efficiency program lead, and with stakeholders to clearly articulate the project scope and key deliverables and determine appropriate timelines to meet stakeholder and client needs. The PM identifies and tracks resources needed and used for assigned projects. The PM drive the project team to meet the scope and timelines. (60%)
- Problem solving- the PM is responsible to identify, track and resolve risks and problems related to assigned projects, and works to resolve problems within the project and external to the project (as appropriate) where issues can affect project deliverables and timelines. (10%)
- Reporting – the PM must understand the branch and reporting requirements a update reporting tools as required. This is to accurately create post-project performance reporting, to inform leadership of the project status, to reflect project progress/issues, and to identify where interventions are needed. The PM works within the branch’s project structure to escalate unresolved issues within the project team and the branch leadership as appropriate. (20%)
- Advisory - the PM advises and shares knowledge with internal and external project stakeholders on project management best practices, as it relates to the ’s and branch’s project management framework and provides guidance on which tools to use and how to work with them. (10%)
- Business degree or equivalent. Masters is an asset
- PMP/PgMP or working towards these designations is an asset.
- PROSCI certification is an asset
- Leadership – influencing without direct authority.
- Knowledge of project methodologies and/or regulatory development process.
- Effective Communication – up, down, sideways – organization, project, external.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Risk management, change management, stakeholder relations
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 07 Jun 2021, 4:02 PM